Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I f Kenenisa BEKELE was a US runner...

What I will never understand is WTF the problem is with covering foreign T&F athletes! In basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, etc., foreign athletes are embraced and given star status in every event/team/city that those sports are contested and they are not treated like lepers for being non-US athletes. When you get to T&F, it seems that the media is genetically incapable of covering the sport with any semblence of intelligence, especially when it means covering an athlete from another nation.

The reason no one (Joe Public) knows about the richness of the sport is that the media is too stupid & lazy to give the sport the same coverage they do for all the others. Its LAZINESS &/or APATHY, plain and simple.

Comment

if kenenisa bekele were american, alan webb would still be at michigan, because nike would not spend a quarter million a year, for a 338/353 1500/ miler. when there is someone so much better, who is about the same age, who is american.

Comment

If Kenenisa BEKELE was a US runner...

we would dominate the 5 and 10k and win world and olympic medals, but

he would be IGNORED by the us media like other great american track and field athletes that dont get the attention they deserve like allen johnson, gail devers and others...

Comment

Working...
        X