Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merritt vs. Wariner in Stuttgart

Confirmed at a press conference today. I thought Merritt was done for the season, but apparently not.

http://www.ftd.de/sport/sportmix/leicht ... 11896.html (German)

I'd be a lot more excited about this if the weather forecast were better. Saturday and Sunday highs are supposed to be 50-51F (10-11C) and there's an 80% probability of precip on Saturday (when the men's 400 will be run).

Comment

Having won both the OT and OG, LM could lose 45.99 to JW's 42.99WR and LM will still be #1.

Comment

Unfortunately the weather has been poor for weeks now, cold end of August and it's not gotten better since. Normally the sun is always shining around those days and the conditions are great, this year not so much. I'm still hoping it will get better, but chances are very small for that to happen despite the forecast being off sometimes in recent days/weeks.

Comment

jet stream drives everything...weatherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Having won both the OT and OG, LM could lose 45.99 to JW's 42.99WR and LM will still be #1.
            LM has nothing to lose. Why not collect some pocket change.
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Err What?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike67
                Err What?
                It is always good to hear the sage voice of Mike67 when it comes to the 400m
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike67
                  Err What?
                  The Trials race is, first and foremost, a race to qualify, so it a victory, while important, is not quite on the same level; my ranking is OG, nothing (i.e., a gap), WAF, OT. It seems unlikely that JW will come out ahead, but a venerable WR is not to be scoffed at. BUt given the weather and the season, were not going to see a 43.1, much less a 42.xx.

Comment

WAF, and end of season competition, when most are well past their prime, should carry little relevance...

if wariner beats merritt in stuttgart, and t&f ratings place wariner over merrit, i want a recount...

there must be some hanging chads there

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
                      WAF, and end of season competition, when most are well past their prime, should carry little relevance...

if wariner beats merritt in stuttgart, and t&f ratings place wariner over merrit, i want a recount...

there must be some hanging chads there
                      \

you will have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I would have thought Merritt, with his much faster 200m speed, would be a better candidate to break Johnson's WR/run 42.xx. However, now we all know that Bolt is the athlete to do that ... When was the last time a non-US athlete held the WR? I know it's pre-1968.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_reco ... metres_men

there's the prgression...

west germany if you count ties...

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_record_progression_400_metres_men

there's the prgression...

west germany if you count ties...
                            Who won the race, they might have had the some time (to the tenth), but if they were second, I do not see how that is quite the same.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_record_progression_400_metres_men
                              is it really necessary to assoc. Harbig with the political party in power in Germany at the time? Should he not simply be assoc. with "Germany".

Comment

Working...
                              X