Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letterman Loves Track(and Field)

Bryan Clay was a recent guest, and tonight's show featured Sharon Day clearing 5-10, and Dusty Jonas 7-4, on 53rd Street. There might be another jumper scheduled, but I wanted to alert people in other time zones in case you wanted to catch the show. Letterman gives the athletes their proper due when they clear the bar. Andra Manson just cleared 7-5!

I haven't seen the show tonight, so don't what the set up is, but I can't help but remembering that Dick Fosbury never seemed to be the same jumper after he slipped and injured himself attempting a height on Johnny Carson's show in the Fall of '68 after his Mexico victory. I recall was straight off stage left of Carson's desk.

Comment

Originally posted by EastBayprepoftheweek67
      I haven't seen the show tonight, so don't what the set up is, but I can't help but remembering that Dick Fosbury never seemed to be the same jumper after he slipped and injured himself attempting a height on Johnny Carson's show in the Fall of '68 after his Mexico victory. I recall was straight off stage left of Carson's desk.
      Looked like a good setup on the street and all three had no problem clearing the bar.

Comment

Jonas and Manson both cleared higher than their Beijing heights... by design I believe. Oh to have national attention for our high jumpers every day.

Comment

Bolt will be on Letterman Sept. 24.

Comment

Last week he had Charles Austin on, attempting 2.15m. He failed but was quite close on his last attempt. Looked in great shape still.

Comment

I know people who live near Letterman who have said they have seen him on the local streets running........without a cigar.
              phsstt!

Comment

Bolt for the height jump. Bolt for the height jump. Start a letter writing campaign guys. I say he can do 250cm when he goes to New York

Comment

Letterman loves the high jump. He has mentioned several times how he gets discouraged watching T&F on TV because they don't show the high jump except for the winning jumps. Nathan Leeper was on a couple of years ago jumping in the snow or rain if I remember right.

phil weishaar
                  chapman kansas

Comment

Years ago Letterman had Ms. Acuff out on the street jumping over a wall of Krispy Kreme Donut boxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X