X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m3000 WAF

2:50 for the first km.
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Lagat struck with 200m remaining to win in 8:02.96. Tegenkamp was third.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
      Lagat struck with 200m remaining to win in 8:02.96. Tegenkamp was third.
      A good finish for these two after some disappointing races.

Comment

A good finish for these two after some disappointing races.
        Yes , expected result for Lagat in a slow race. Tegenkamp (the english pronunciation of his name is atrocious :shock: ) is doing well , to really break through however he's going to have more basic speed , not every race is going to be slow! 8-) .

A dissapointing run from Mo Farrah , he ran well but completely faded in the last 200 meter.
        Go African athletes!

Comment

It looked as though Mo Farah got a bit baulked with 200m remaining but in a slow race, I thought he would make the top six.

Comment

I thought something was wrong when the time for the 1st km showed up on the screen in the stadium. They picked it up in the last km, but you should never ever win such a race with "8" as the first digit.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
              I thought something was wrong when the time for the 1st km showed up on the screen in the stadium. They picked it up in the last km, but you should never ever win such a race with "8" as the first digit.
              Why, exactly? It was a race, they ran 3000m, everyone had equal opportunity to select their strategy.

Also note that Solinsky had possibly his best result of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                Why, exactly? It was a race, they ran 3000m, everyone had equal opportunity to select their strategy.

I'm not a big fan of approaching 3000m races with (bad) 10 000m splits. Lagat certainly didn't mind the pace though.

Comment

wonder if the steeple will have a faster winner?

Comment

Why was Lagat even in the race? He was 26th in the GP standings in this event, with just one race run.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Why was Lagat even in the race? He was 26th in the GP standings in this event, with just one race run.
                      What? Are you serious? That's ridiculous! :evil:
                      Go African athletes!

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        Points are a mechanism for up to seven athletes to get in (maybe more in the longer events). However, at least one place is held for a wild card, as are any places not taken by the top-ranked runners (and with NO rule indicating that the seasonal points matter at all, except possibly that they be greater than zero).

Are you questioning the qualifications of Lagat; clearly they made the right choice in selecting wild-card runners (Solinsky must have been another and even Tegenkamp might not have been in the top 7, and he finished third)?

Comment

I'm not a big fan of approaching 3000m races with (bad) 10 000m splits. Lagat certainly didn't mind the pace though.
                          Well, it appears that nobody "minded" the pace, since nobody did anything to increase it. Hey, it's the end of the season and there's $$$$ involved; nobody cares a whit about the time, so why should you?
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank

Well, it appears that nobody "minded" the pace, since nobody did anything to increase it. Hey, it's the end of the season and there's $$$$ involved; nobody cares a whit about the time, so why should you?
                            Cheers,
                            Alan Shank
                            That's my point, with so much money on stake, not everyone can rely on his kick in the last round. I mean Koech was almost faster today in the steeple, the m5000 also had a solid pace. Those slow races happen, but they are not good promotion and some might regret afterwards that they didn't try to make it a faster race.

Comment

Good result for Lagat and Teg in a "down" year compared to last year for both. Teg could be a real force in the 5k because he appears to have enough raw leg speed to kick with anyone, although not quite as much as Lagat.
                              In the sun with a popsicle, everthing is possible

Comment

Working...
                              X