Dismal Stuttgart Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismal Stuttgart Weather

text from the WAF says it's in the 50s and very damp.

Also a posing of the question, "The optimists and the pessimists are debating the question--is the stadium three-quarters empty or one-quarter full?"

The BBC said it's probably colder in Stuttgart than it was in Gateshead a few weeks ago!
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

in other words. it's good soccer weather....or XC...

Comment

guarantee you it is colder in stuttgart. gateshead was wet but not that cold. stuttgart had a forecast of 59 F.
        folks it is september, this is a summertime month, it should be sunny and warm at the minimum.
        this is probably why they choose greece for next year. i think you will find the southern european countries getting this meet a lot in the future. i hope

Comment

well they also chose it cuz Stuttgart won't have a stadium anymore! :-(

Comment

Ah, Stuttgart! We lived in Stuttgart-Vaihingen for 3 years. The cultural scene is first-rate, and there are some splendid restaurants. As for the weather, umm ...

Comment

Universal Sports coverage is superb, competent commentary. A perfect Saturday morning.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
                Ah, Stuttgart! We lived in Stuttgart-Vaihingen for 3 years. The cultural scene is first-rate, and there are some splendid restaurants. As for the weather, umm ...
                I spent 10 days there last summer and was very impressed. Wonderful central city, fine museums, nice overall energy, and beautiful surrounding country...

Comment

AFAIR, the weather at the 1993 WCh was wonderful. Hot and sunny pretty much throughout the 9 days.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                    AFAIR, the weather at the 1993 WCh was wonderful. Hot and sunny pretty much throughout the 9 days.
                    Yes, but that wasn't mid-September.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                      Agreed, but it was also nice and warm for the WAF last year. The temperatures this weekend in much of Europe are unseasonally cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
                        Originally posted by tandfman
                        Agreed, but it was also nice and warm for the WAF last year.
                        As it was the year before at the WAF in Stuttgart. This time of year, in this part of the world, the weather can be less than ideal. After two WAFs with really good weather, I guess they ran out of luck this year

Comment

As I recall the '86 Euros in Stuttgart (somelike like August 26-31 if memory serves) the first 4-5 days were terrific, then we got really gold rain and the place turned dismal quickly.

I've stayed in Stuttgart three times and found it a terrific place to be a "tourist." I'm greatly saddened at the prospect of no more major meets there.... ever?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            As I recall the '86 Euros in Stuttgart (somelike like August 26-31 if memory serves) the first 4-5 days were terrific, then we got really gold rain and the place turned dismal quickly.
                            From what I can remember, it was dismal for pretty much the entire week.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              The first 4-5 days were definitely not terrific weather-wise. Zola Budd was forced to wear shoes for the 3000m final (and heats I think) because it was so wet.
                              http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Working...
                              X