X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksf
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Maybe I need a refresher course in the rules, but that surely looks like a Wariner win to me! (or at worst a tie)
    Is this something that Wariner's team can appeal?

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    IMO, they got 3rd and 4th place right. This should have been declared a tie for first but if ya gotta have a winner,it was Wariner.
    What I meant, to be clear, is that the photo for third and fourth appear to give the decision there that is a reverse (shoulder, etc) of the one for first and second.
    I understand and agree

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    IMO, they got 3rd and 4th place right. This should have been declared a tie for first but if ya gotta have a winner,it was Wariner.
    What I meant, to be clear, is that the photo for third and fourth appear to give the decision there that is a reverse (shoulder, etc) of the one for first and second.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Maybe I need a refresher course in the rules, but that surely looks like a Wariner win to me! (or at worst a tie)

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    you know, If I were a judge and an Olympic Champion were willing to hurl his body to the asphalt for the sake of competition I would give him 1/100th for the effort. ...

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Since when did the neck crossing the line (Merritt) or the right ear (Wariner) constitute finishing a race?

It's supposed to be the torso, and at the times they were given (44.50 & 44.51), neither had actually finished, in my opinion. That photo therefore makes it very difficult to decide the winner.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Unless there is another photo, from the inside of the track, I can't believe they separated LM and JW in the results. Obviously, there are external factors requiring a "winner", but there is no way they can determine that from that photo. On the other hand, they could be applying some karma to JW for the worst ever pose at the finish line. Who was he looking at on the infield?

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    IMO, they got 3rd and 4th place right. This should have been declared a tie for first but if ya gotta have a winner,it was Warriner.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by richxx87
    Originally posted by malmo

I still can't figure how Merritt bear Wariner in that photo. What I want to see is the back-up photo of the tea leaves.
    When I first saw that photo, I was thinking the same thing, malmo.
    But as I looked closer and imagined what the reverse-angle photo looks
    like (the adjudicators get both), it would show that LM's Left clavicle (as
    Eldrick points out) hits the tape before any part of JW's torso proper (in
    this case, his right clavicle or pectoral muscle) does.
    But I do agree with others that most of JW's body was there first and had
    he done a proper lean, he wins.
    What is a little confusing is to look at the 3/4 placing and contrast how they determined those places; it looks like there could be an inconsistency.

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    The picture makes it clear to me that Wariner's coach should be:

Gail Devers!!!!!!!
    >:-)
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacksf
    It looks to me that they tied.
    looking at it again and again, it looks like jack is right.

Leave a comment:

• richxx87
    replied
    Originally posted by malmo

I still can't figure how Merritt bear Wariner in that photo. What I want to see is the back-up photo of the tea leaves.
    When I first saw that photo, I was thinking the same thing, malmo.
    But as I looked closer and imagined what the reverse-angle photo looks
    like (the adjudicators get both), it would show that LM's Left clavicle (as
    Eldrick points out) hits the tape before any part of JW's torso proper (in
    this case, his right clavicle or pectoral muscle) does.
    But I do agree with others that most of JW's body was there first and had
    he done a proper lean, he wins.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied
    This is a perfect example why its absolutely impossible for 4 guys sitting up in the stands with cameras taking video of races and providing accurate 10m splits down to the 100th of a second.

Leave a comment:

• Jacksf
    replied
    It looks to me that they tied.

Leave a comment:

• Track fan
    replied
    The photo looked similar to a bob in horse racing. Wariner had more of his body across the line but Merritt had the all important torso.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X