Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAF mSP

Another big win for Majewski. I remember a few posters here saying he would be one of the few Oly champions who won't be ranked #1, but if you look at the competitive record of the top men this year now, he ought to be in the top position.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Re: WAF mSP

Originally posted by Powell
    Another big win for Majewski. I remember a few posters here saying he would be one of the few Oly champions who won't be ranked #1, but if you look at the competitive record of the top men this year now, he ought to be in the top position.
    He certainly should, but it's still a bitter pill for USAians to swallow, and it's been that more than competitive record behind those comments.

Comment

This outdoor season, Majewski is 1-1 vs Nelson, 2-2 vs Hoffa 3-1 vs Catnwell and 2-0 vs Mikhnevich. If you include the indoor season, it's 2-3 vs Hoffa, 3-3 vs Catnwell and 3-0 vs Mikhnevich. Given that Hoffa was just 7th in Beijing and 4th at the WAF, it's hard to see him at the top. Cantwell is close to Majewski, tied on head-to-heads, with 1st place at the WIC, 2nd at the OG and 2nd at the WAF (Majewski was 3rd/1st/1st, respectively), but wins in the two biggest outdoor competitions should give the edge to the Pole.

Comment

We were giving Majewski a nod of thanks in the office yesterday for clearing up what would have been a difficult pick otherwise, since the World Rankings indeed count indoors. If C had won yesterday to make it 4-2 over M, including World Indoor, would have been a tough call.

Comment

Majewski still has 3 competitions to go this season - Szczecin on Wednesday, Shanghai next weekend and Kawasaki. Both Cantwell and Hoffa are also due to compete in the first of those meets, and they might also be going to Asia, so the head-to-heads could be significantly affected by those competitions.

Comment

I suspect that Majewski could throw 22 feet while Cantwell throws 22 meters in all three of those and he'd still be No. 1.

Comment

Good to have the Glide back on top again. I like that. I greatly enjoyed watching Majewski throw in the Olympics
              To me at least the Spin often looks convoluted. For instance Godina's footwork.

Maybe Majewski is just too tall for the spin as he is 6cm taller than Cantwell (but a good deal lighter).

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                Maybe Majewski is just too tall for the spin as he is 6cm taller than Cantwell (but a good deal lighter).
                He's an absolute GIANT!!! :shock:

Stood next to him yesterday and he's got to be about 6'9". I took a picture of him and mump. Mump barely come up to hi shoulder and look about 11 years old :lol:

He's also gone straight into my top 10 favourite athletes. Not only did he win me loads of money at the Olympics but when I thanked him he said to me "Cool man!!!'. He was also dancing up a storm at the party and made hi way acro the floor to high five me.

He ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy

Stood next to him yesterday and he's got to be about 6'9". I took a picture of him and mump. Mump barely come up to hi shoulder and look about 11 years old :lol:
                  Officially he's 2.04 tall. The one that looks really scary is Carl Myerscough (whom I interviewed at the Euro Cup in Bydgoszcz) - he's even taller than Majewski and about 3 times as big. I have seen Majewski in person and he didn't make that much of an impression on me physique-wise after that.

On the women's side, I've seen Natalya Lisovskaya up close and she's HUGE. Valerie Vili is probably even more so, but I've never seen her in person (watching her compete from the stands doesn't count).

Comment

Officially he's 2.04 tall. The one that looks really scary is Carl Myerscough (whom I interviewed at the Euro Cup in Bydgoszcz) - he's even taller than Majewski and about 3 times as big. I have seen Majewski in person and he didn't make that much of an impression on me physique-wise after that.

On the women's side, I've seen Natalya Lisovskaya up close and she's HUGE. Valerie Vili is probably even more so, but I've never seen her in person (watching her compete from the stands doesn't count).
                    I stood next to Majewski on Saturday and had a close look on Vili yesterday, she is incredibly huge and looks even bigger in real life than I could imagine. She is as large as the male shot putters, no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash

I stood next to Majewski on Saturday and had a close look on Vili yesterday, she is incredibly huge and looks even bigger in real life than I could imagine. She is as large as the male shot putters, no kidding.
                      she is huge which is why i LOVE track. she spent her whole time growing up being that really big girl but look what you can do with that she is exactly what a shot putter should look like she's in my top 5 favourite athletes

by the way flump i may look about 11 but that is because of my fresh faced good looks and nothing to do with coming up to Majewskis arm pits ops:
                      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                      X