Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAF wDT (Yarelis Barrios 64.88)

1 26 Yarelis BARRIOS CUB 64.88 (worst throw 62.26)
    2 101 Nicoleta GRASU ROU 62.48
    3 131 Stephanie BROWN-TRAFTON USA 62.23
    4 30 Vera POSPISILOVA-CECHLOVA CZE 58.72
    5 122 Anna SODERBERG SWE 57.40
    6 146 Aretha THURMOND USA 56.99
    7 130 Becky BREISCH USA 53.92
    90 Beatrice FAUMUINA NZL DNS

Barrios has put together yet another good solid season - good enough to get T&FN's nod for #1 over Trafton?

She's 2-1 vs. Trafton this year, and both times she beat her by over 2 meters. Barrios also had more of a season on the international circuit, with good results (though she did lose a couple of competitions). It's not a completely obvious one, but yes, I would put the Cuban in first.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Apparently T&FN didn't agree with us. Oh well, they don't have our expertise so they can be forgiven. :wink:

Comment

Couple of questions - does anyone actually recall Yatchenko throwing 67m in June and is she the oldest world-leader in any events (she's 43 now).
        http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Recall in what sense? It happened in an obscure meet in Belarus, so I doubt if anyone here actually saw it. But it does show up on both the IAAF and Tila lists, so it presumably did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            Recall in what sense? It happened in an obscure meet in Belarus, so I doubt if anyone here actually saw it. But it does show up on both the IAAF and Tila lists, so it presumably did happen.
            When I was doing the Olympic preview for Athletics Weekly, I think I wrote the preview for the women's discus and I don't remember seeing that mark prior to the Olympics and suddenly, it's just popped up out of nowhere. As far as I knew, Pishchalnikova was the world-leader come Beijing.
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Belarusian marks showing up later in the year is by no means uncommon.

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                Originally posted by tandfman
                When I was doing the Olympic preview for Athletics Weekly, I think I wrote the preview for the women's discus and I don't remember seeing that mark prior to the Olympics and suddenly, it's just popped up out of nowhere. As far as I knew, Pishchalnikova was the world-leader come Beijing.
                Same here. Incidentally, the meet wasn't all that obscure. IAAF even had an article on it, and strangely enough there's no mention there of women's discus even being contested, let alone of Yatchenko's monster mark. http://iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=45557.html

Men's discus is mentioned, and the results don't hint at the sort of helping gale a 67.89 could just be possible for Yatchenko in.

Comment

Working...
                X