Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAF on Universal

We do lots of media bashing here, but may I say how impressed I am with Universal Sports & the IAAF in presenting the WAF.

1. The video is excellent, even on full screen.
    2. The commentary is very good (BBC?)
    3. The live field event coverage on IAAF is wonderful.

My only quibble is that we're on about a 15-minute delay, so I can see results on IAAF before the performance, but I can live with that considering all factors.

If this is the future of T&F coverage, I'll be happy. I don't need it on TV if we always have to pay the price of long delay and American commentation.

For me, it worked well on Day 1, but there was no audio on Day 2.

Comment

As I said on another thread, two perfect mornings. Excellent coverage, competent commentators, a cup of coffee....The slight delay don't bother me none .
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Re: WAF on Universal

Originally posted by Marlow
        We do lots of media bashing here, but may I say how impressed I am with Universal Sports & the IAAF in presenting the WAF.

1. The video is excellent, even on full screen.
        2. The commentary is very good (BBC?)
        If this is the future of T&F coverage, I'll be happy. I don't need it on TV if we always have to pay the price of long delay and American commentation.
        That would be Peter Matthews, Sean Pickering and Rob Walker. Matthews, of course, did the IAAF videos from '93 and '03, and also edits the ATFS Annual. It would be difficult to find a better lead for this coverage, unless, of course, they could get Tom Hammond! >:-)
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank

Comment

I've always liked Peter Matthew's commentary when he was on Sky Sports doing the GL meets.

The BBC coverage was very good as well, despite Crammy. Mike Costello (who was dreadful in Gateshead) was surprisingly good and Jonathan and Paul Dickenson (or was it Stuart Storey?) were very good commentators too.

Why can't the BBC cover all athletics like this??
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Re: WAF on Universal

Originally posted by Alan Shank
            That would be Peter Matthews, Sean Pickering and Rob Walker.
            As far as I'm concerned, they are the Dream Team!!

Comment

Working...
            X