Clear All

• Kurt Francis
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower
    Originally posted by Kurt Francis
    Originally posted by decafan
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    He is right to be pissed at the terrorists behind the keyboards. .
    WOW! :shock: So Suhr can blast Jenn and thats fine but if we blast Suhr we are terrorists :lol: ?
    Not you. Not THIS message board. This is actually a civil board. I believe Rick was referring to Letsrun and polevaultpower. There were terrible posts about him on both sites after the Games.
    LetsRun is notorious for having the most disgusting "fans" around. Rabid dogs.
    I certainly try to keep my site civil. I deleted quite a few comments in the discussion about Jenn and Rick.
    Becca, my comments were not indicative of you. Given how many times you have posted here, I'm just surprised anyone thought you weren't a woman!

BTW - I believe we've met briefly once at the Billy Hayes Invite...I believe in 2006...nothing you would remember as my forte is in the throwing events and I was only hanging around the vault with our former Wilmington College group, Kyle Wolf & Ashley Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• BruceFlorman
    replied
    EPelle's reply to my (not entirely serious) question.
    http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 836#499836

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by mrbowie
    A personal relationship twixt two consenting male adults is nobody's business. Leave them alone for goodness sakes.
    Where in this inexcusably long thread is there any discussion of a consenting relationship between two adult males?

Leave a comment:

• mrbowie
    replied
    This thread is the worst bunch of gossip I've seen on here. It's like reading a tabloid cover in line at a supermarket check out. When I saw the words "Brad's pit" and thought it was Brad Pit, I almost choked with laughter.

A personal relationship twixt two consenting male adults is nobody's business. Leave them alone for goodness sakes.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I think there is a compliment in there somewhere.
    Indeed - she LOOKS like a girl, which is a compliment, ( :wink: ) but obviously she is an adult woman, or she wouldn't be in the position of respect she finds herself in now.

Leave a comment:

• meskind
    replied
    For those of you still wondering, as far as I know, all coaches of athletes who medaled received an award from the USOC entitled the medal of echos (i believe) that was named in honor of the first olympic coach. Usually the day after an athlete or team won a medal, the athlete and coach went to the USA house and the athlete awarded their coach with the medal. This was done at a ceremony in front of whoever was at the house that night. I am not sure if this is something that has been done in the past and I am pretty sure that anyone that won a medal was supposed to do this. As far as I know, the award given was the same, no matter what type of medal the athlete won. I hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by Kurt Francis
    WOW! :shock: So Suhr can blast Jenn and thats fine but if we blast Suhr we are terrorists :lol: ?
    Not you. Not THIS message board. This is actually a civil board. I believe Rick was referring to Letsrun and polevaultpower. There were terrible posts about him on both sites after the Games.
    I certainly try to keep my site civil. I deleted quite a few comments in the discussion about Jenn and Rick.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I think there is a compliment in there somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    [quote=Kurt Francis][quote="Half Miler":2i1j1lbu]
    Originally posted by "30yrs-coaching":2i1j1lbu
    Still amazed polevaultpower is run by a girl
    Buddy, you need to quit while you are behind! :shock:[/quote:2i1j1lbu]

I'm more shocked that someone thought it WASN'T run by a girl! :lol:[/quote:2i1j1lbu]

I'm not sure how I am supposed to take that :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Kurt Francis
    replied
    [quote=Half Miler]
    Originally posted by "30yrs-coaching":2x3qczmz
    Buddy, you need to quit while you are behind! :shock:[/quote:2x3qczmz]

I'm more shocked that someone thought it WASN'T run by a girl! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Originally posted by 30yrs-coaching
    Buddy, you need to quit while you are behind! :shock:

Leave a comment:

• Kurt Francis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower
    No way, Barto is way more knowledgeable than I am!!
    I said, "probably". :wink:

Anyway, he seems more focused on his USATF crusade (which I applaud, btw) than the PV.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Miler
    30-yrs: It might behoove you to 1) read an entire post before commenting, and 2) read more than one post from an author before belittling her. PVP is probably the most knowledgeable poster about her event on this board.
    No way, Barto is way more knowledgeable than I am!!

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by 30yrs-coaching
    You have to be kidding me "polevaultpower"? So you are saying that Brad Walker is not as much of a champion as the Australian or Russian?
    As I have stated more than once, Brad was dealt a tougher hand than anyone else in the competition. I don't know that Hooker or Lukyanenko could have cleared a bar under the same circumstances either. We'll never know since they all faced slightly different circumstances.

You have the nerve to call Walker a non-champion? You constantly blast Stuczynski and her coach, either you are for American vaulting or your not...there is no middle ground. By being a true pole vault fan you support the best that your country has to offer. That happens to be Walker and Stuczynski. Why all the negativity towards either one simply say I support them or I don't, leave it at that and as for the rest of the american pole vault critics peoples personal lives are their personal lives and it's really none of our business. It is not our place on any chat line to judge someones personal life. What maturity level are we at here?
    I never called Brad a non-champion and I certainly never blasted Jenn and Rick. I've known Brad a long time, I'm from Seattle after all, and I've known Jenn longer than most. We both went to NAIA schools and even though Jenn is pretty shy, Rick went out of his way to introduce us back in 2005 because he thought my website was interesting. I like Jenn a lot and was super bummed she didn't come to Reno last year. I hope they come out this year!!

I have never judged anyone's personal life on here, I don't know where you got such a thing. I spend my energy worrying about all the girls I know who slept with their coaches in high school and college and all the girls currently in bad situations that I don't know. I don't care what adults do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X