Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millrose Games

I'm going over to the Millrose Games next week. Anyone else going?

Re: Millrose Games

Yep, though I haven't decided how much I'm willing to spend on the absurd tickets.

Comment

Stopped going to that a few years ago. I wouldn't mind the ticket prices, so long as there was some excitement in the meet. But with a meet that gets worse, together with empty seats, means I'm staying away. The last few Wannamaker Miles were absolutely garbage!!!!!!!

Most people go there to see the still exciting high school relays, the only excitement in the last couple of years. How sad that meet has declined. Peace.

Comment

The tickets are outrageous and it took me about 45mins to buy them. The seating chart on ticketmaster was illegible so I ended up using a hockey chart. Every option I got online was crap so I ended on the phone for 20 mins with them. Two $70 tickets ended up costing $160 (ticketmaster also charged $1.75 each to email them to me).

Comment

It seems to me that the Trials tickets remain a bargain in comparison to other T&F events.
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Unfortunately, I agree with the sentiments above. I used to go to the Millrose meet in the late 60s and early 70s, when it was a) affordable and b) exciting. Now it's neither.

Comment

Hey guys...I asked about seating a couple of months ago. You could have told me it was a crap meet then before I bought 2 airtickets from LAX -JFK and dropped nearly $200 for the seats! Anyway, I love visiting NYC even though it's bloody freezing there at the moment.

Comment

Crap, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, of course. Go and enjoy it. But let us all know if you like it enough to go again...

Comment

Complainers...please offer up suggestions (in detail, w/ exacting specifics - no "I'd invite all the Olympic Champions crap") on why the Meet is no longer worth the price.

BTW, I find it amazing that people complain that the Meet is too expensive, yet these same people will drop $100/seat to see the Rangers lose to some other godforsaken hockey team or spend $10/ticket for a crap redone hollywood movie. Then they'll wonder why there's no money in the sport and there are no meets to go see.

You can't have it both ways. If real fans went to see the events, there'd be more of them, with better fields and prices might actually be reasonable again because they'd be able to attact more sponsosrs and get better TV slots.

..and we wonder why there is a problem with the sport....

Its all right here....

Comment

I, for one, was not "complaining," but simply stating facts. The bottom line is this: there ARE exciting track meets on the planet and those who want to--and can--get to them do so quite happily. One might wish that these exciting meets were in Boise, say, or Tulsa. But they aren't--we have to go to where they actually are. And for many years, they have NOT been at the Garden at Millrose time.

Comment

>Complainers...please offer up suggestions (in detail, w/ exacting specifics -
                      >no "I'd invite all the Olympic Champions crap") on why the Meet is no longer
                      >worth the price.

BTW, I find it amazing that people complain that the Meet
                      >is too expensive, yet these same people will drop $100/seat to see the Rangers
                      >lose to some other godforsaken hockey team or spend $10/ticket for a crap
                      >redone hollywood movie. Then they'll wonder why there's no money in the sport
                      >and there are no meets to go see.

You can't have it both ways. If real fans
                      >went to see the events, there'd be more of them, with better fields and prices
                      >might actually be reasonable again because they'd be able to attact more
                      >sponsosrs and get better TV slots.

..and we wonder why there is a problem
                      >with the sport....

Its all right here....

I'd pay $60-70 (or even more) to see Penn Relays (it's only $30). Penn Relays is WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!!!!

Milrose is has become absolutely boring in the last couple of years! Peace.

Comment

I would love to spend the weekend in New York, Feb 6 to 9...need tickets...hotel...restaurant...at reasonable price...any suggestions ??{serious}

Comment

>I would love to spend the weekend in New York, Feb 6 to 9...need
                          >tickets...hotel...restaurant...at reasonable price...any suggestions
                          >??{serious}

Reasonable price in NY is an oxymoron. If you don't want to pay Manhatten hotel prices you can stay in Secaucus, NJ for under $100/night. The 520 (?) bus only costs $2.60 and takes 15 mins to get to the Port Authority which is pretty central.

Comment

Millrose took a hit, with Mo Greene withdrawing from the M 60m. He has been replaced by Coby Miller.

Comment

Coby Miller did not make the final today in Stuttgart.

Comment

Working...
                              X