Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Super Bowl Ever?

No offense to Pats or Panthers backers, who have every right to be thrilled, but am I the only big NFL fan who has virtually no desire to watch the Sunday spectacle?

(Other than to be part of the 14% of Americans who say they are going to watch just to see this year's crop of great commercials unfold.)

Re: The Worst Super Bowl Ever?

(Other than to be part of the 14% of Americans who say they are
    >going to watch just to see this year's crop of great commercials unfold.)

We don't even get to watch the commercials even if we watch on a US station(with legit cable that is). They get replaced.

Comment

I stopped watching the Super Bowl after they NFL went of strike many years ago. If the players were drug tested like race horses after every game I might watch. The money has ruined pro football and besides, nobody pays to watch me do my job.

Comment

Tough to judge the quality of a Super Bowl until after it happens.

My candidate is the one for the 1989 season (which actually occured in January 1990): 49ers 55, Broncos 10.

Comment

Given the two teams participating and the style of game they play, this is likley to be one of the more competitive Super Bowls we have had in recent years.

Evidently GH has not had enough time to get familiar with the teams and their stories. The Panthers are a great story on many levels including the two players (one former and now a coach and one active until earlier this year) who have been diagnosed with cancer but have stuck with the team insiring the team, city of Charlotte and many around the nation.

Comment

Gentlemen, the Superbowl without the Packers....?
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Pego, the Packers have only themselves to blame...

I kind of agree with GH, doesn't seem to be much excitement building. However, I think it could be a close and exciting game for a change. Good excuse to sit in a bar all afternoon though. Since I'm a Raider fan last years SB was one of my all-time sporting disappointments (and I'm used to England's teams failing miserably at the last minute)

Comment

I don't have any interest, either, other than to see the best group of assistant coaches (Cremell and Weis) since the 50's Giants (Landry and Lombardi). That's right! I said it!

Comment

Nah, any super bowl involving Minnesota is worse, by definition. The SB IX vs Steelers sticks out. 2-0 at the half.

Comment

>No offense to Pats or Panthers backers, who have every right to be thrilled,
                    >but am I the only big NFL fan who has virtually no desire to watch the Sunday
                    >spectacle? >

Why sir that's downright unAmerican.

Despite the lack of a 'buzz' for this year's game I think the potential for a very good game is there. The problem is that invariably one of the teams in a given Super Bowl doesn't play all that well.

Comment

Willie Nelson is performing in the pre-game show and Aerosmith is playing at halftime. I'm watching just for the music.

Comment

Nevermind all the negatives. He Hate Me is playing... any game with a player named He Hate Me has got to be worth watching.

Comment

>>We don't
                          >even get to watch the commercials even if we watch on a US station(with legit
                          >cable that is). They get replaced.>>

With the Canadian exchange rate when you watch a commercial for 6-minute Abs is it 3.9-minute Abs?

Comment

With the Canadian
                            >exchange rate when you watch a commercial for 6-minute Abs is it 3.9-minute
                            >Abs?

Actually check the financial pages gh-more like 4.53 minute abs. Despite the big rise in the US market last year, a canuck heavily long in the US market barely broke even.

Comment

Um, Garry? It's your message board, but didn't you admonish us early on to stick to the topic of track & field? I mean c'mon, you could have at least tried to work in a John Capel reference in there. :-)
                              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Working...
                              X