Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    I've never thought of "visibility" as even being on the radar on the list of any problems high school track has.
    More is better.
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      I've never thought of "visibility" as even being on the radar on the list of any problems high school track has.
      I've been trying to "unpack" that post. And I keep coming with a muddle. :?: Where is our T.O.E. when we need him?

GP
      T.O.M.

Comment

Originally posted by George P.
        Originally posted by gh
        I've been trying to "unpack" that post. And I keep coming with a muddle. :?: Where is our T.O.E. when we need him?
        GP
        T.O.M.
        [bugle blasting 'Charge' - sound of thundering hooves]

We're dealing with a mixed metaphor and a 'problem' that is not a problem.
        'Visibility', referring to the amount of publicity or 'national profile' that HS T&F enjoys, is a non-starter, because it exists for participation 99% and to be spectated 1%. Simply said, HS T&F does not need to be visible to be successful, which, by the way, it is, very, as evidenced by the extremely high participation rates. Now, as to the radar screen allusion, while on first blush, it would seem that 'visibilty' and 'being on the radar screen' share the concept of 'being seen', being seen on a radar screen means that the sport's visibility would have to present itself as a tangible factor in its existence, which we've already shown is not the case. Therefore its radar presentation, in this regard, is irrelevant. BUT . . . that was the point of gh to begin with. So, upon further review, the TOE is going to have to allow the play to stand, as there is insufficient evidence to overturn it.

Hope that helps. :wink: 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          So, upon further review, the TOE is going to have to allow the play to stand, as there is insufficient evidence to overturn it.

Hope that helps. :wink: 8-)
          Hmm. G.P. returns to the bench in a funk, having lost a down after Throwing the Flag onto the field following a quite problematic call. :?

Comment

Working...
          X