• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    guru

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Wonder how happy USATF will be with this puppy: based on this year's dating, would go head-to-head with the Junior Olympics.
    What does USATF care? They sent the Juniors up against NON this past year.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Wonder how happy USATF will be with this puppy: based on this year's dating, would go head-to-head with the Junior Olympics.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman

• tandfman
    replied
    Re: New HS Multi-Sport Festival

Originally posted by Marlow
    Disney World (Orlando) has sold a portion of itself off to the devil, aka ESPN (I kid)
    Sorry, Marlow. No sale. Disney has owned ESPN for more than 10 years. This is just some co-branding.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow

• Marlow
    started a topic New HS Multi-Sport Festival

New HS Multi-Sport Festival

I'm sure this will interest exactly two other people here, but perhaps I can entice guru and others to bring down squads to bask in the Florida sun next summer. In a home-page-linked announcement, Disney World (Orlando) has sold a portion of itself off to the devil, aka ESPN (I kid), renaming their big sports facility the ESPN Wide World of Sports.

There will be a weeklong, multi-sport event planned for July 2009 by Disney and ESPN spotlighting some of the top high school athletes in the nation.

The event, called ESPN RISE Sports Festival, will run from July 18 - 25 and will have more than 2,000 athletes competing in softball, baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse and track and field events. The event is set to be televised on ESPNU and on ESPN online sites.
    C'mon down, the water's fine!
Working...
X