Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF looking for web developer...

USA Track & Field, the National Governing Body for track & field, long-distance running and race walking, is seeking a motivated Web Developer to program and integrate New Media and interactive technologies into the current USATF Web site, www.usatf.org, and provide back-end program support to the database-driven portions of the site. Based in Indianapolis, the position will lead USATF’s Web presence, attracting Web site traffic and serving our customers.

The ideal candidate will be highly organized, enthusiastic, and open to multiple viewpoints and will creatively apply technologies to USATF’s web site to further our direct outreach with fans and customers.

http://www.usatf.org/about/employment/WebDeveloper.asp

I was going to blog about this later. But since the thread has started, let me tell U what I know:

Keith Lively is leaving as USATF.org webmaster after what Jill Geer, the media chief in Indy, calls "eight years of really intense work." In response to a query, Jill wrote me: "He’s ready to try something new. You can email him directly –- his last day is tomorrow (Wednesday)."

I wrote Keith -- and included a series of questions, such as: What projects should the next webmaster put at the top of his/her list? Site search? Message boards? What advice would you give your successor on how to handle the demands of the USATF webmaster job?

Keith replied: "I appreciate the offer for the interview, but I'm going to decline. No doubt it's been a challenging job here, but it's also been a great experience."

So that's a little background for y'all.

K E N
    K E N

Comment

His polite way of saying "mind your own business."

Comment

On that "other" message board, there is a thread wherein Jill has made numerous postings in response to comments by other posters re this entire subject.

Comment

Working...
        X