Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN2 - You're Killing Me!

Two teams I'VE NEVER HEARD OF in a blowout game over the first meet of the season?! Oh, and I hear the promo for the meet as a 'preliminary' for the Athens Olympics?! UR KILLING ME!

Re: ESPN2 - You're Killing Me!

Me too! Bloody typical. I assume they'll finish T&F exactly at 4/7pm, right?

Comment

Ridiculous . . . no respect whatsoever

Comment

Less than 40 minutes of coverage! And once again they hype a record that doesn't happen, so a 7:35 is a disappointment??!!!

Comment

Where was the mile coverage. The whole production seemed rushed almost like it was edited beforehand.
          Face it track and field will never get any respect in this country. They didn't even give us the boxscores for the 3000meter finish.
          "Bye folks, stay tuned for hockey".

Krummenacker looked a little tight. Well it is back to Thunderball across the dail. They have been showing James Bond films all week.

Comment

That was the worst track meet on TV I've ever seen...period.
            http://www.ScienceofRunning.com

Comment

The worst of all was the 3:30 of commercials in the middle of the 3000m race. In terms of record hype Haille did state that he was going for the record although he was being wildly optimistic.

Comment

Well, the mile run is probably going on right now. I wonder how Berryhill will do?

I missed going out to eat to see this. At least the 3000meters was the fastest run on US soil. Well, that is what they said.

Comment

Well Sully set a 7.19 second pb, a Can indoor record and second all time in or out behind Scribbler.

Comment

" And the official time is 2.00.80, just short of the world record"........errrr, yep, by 5 secs. Also glad to see Rawlins managed to get the football 40, and the laps of a high school track, references in within 5 mins of each other. Trully pathetic coverage.

Geb didn't look his usual self; Krum looked heavy; Capel looked horrible (did you notice Macro dipping at the wrong line?); Stacy pretty average. Well worth staying in for. Does anyone want two Millrose Games tickets?!

Comment

>>That was the worst track meet on TV I've ever seen...period. >>>

comes close to the worst ever
                      20 mins wasted because of an idiotic college hoops game between two unknown teams
                      more time talking about dragila than showing her vaults
                      4 laps not shown in the 3000 race when geb pulled away
                      touting allyson felix but not showing her race at all
                      very sloppy coverage only listed runners and lanes in the men's 60 meters
                      poor commentary (i thought rob stone was not even good enough for soccer, why have mess up track too ?)
                      espn and abc need to let some other sports channel cover track because they suck !

Comment

>>Geb didn't look his usual self; Krum looked heavy; Capel looked horrible (did you notice Macro dipping at the wrong line?); Stacy pretty average. Well worth staying in for. Does anyone want two Millrose Games tickets?!>>>

geb: it was his first race plus he has peaked in the track events, they only even he can improve on is the marathon
                        capel: got bad start, plus this is not his event
                        stacy: average, but her average is better than 99 % of other female vaulter's bests
                        krum: agreed looked heavy, did not have the speed
                        devers: probably the best of the elite athletes, hopefully she will save her best for late august !

Comment

I really wish they would cover the sport for the fans, not the average couch potato sports fan. Who cares what 1 mile equates to as 80-odd back-to-back 40 yard dashes. It's not like it'll alienate a large segment of the viewing public by not giving all the comparisons to other sports. I've never watched soccer (yes it is a fringe sport in the US) and heard an announcer say, "Wow, this is like football...but without YOUR HANDS."

Comment

Walt - save us! Even you must have been disappointed. I know the bball thing was out of your hands and the ceaseless ads, but c'mon, the few precious moments we were allowed to watch the meet were below average even by American standards (not the most elite in world re: track). No one is blaming you, but you must have some pull somewhere to pull this out of the toilet. It's an Oly year fcrisakes.

Comment

It must have cost ESPN quite a bit to "cover" the meet. It is a shame to see things so truncated. We should send emails to ESPN, directing them to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X