Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felix considering concentrating on longer sprints

Olympic silver medallist Allyson Felix takes us through her numerous activities and how she enjoys time off the track back home in Los Angeles.

“Greetings

“My feelings haven't really changed about my experience at the Olympics. I'm still disappointed with the way everything turned out but I have been able to put it into perspective.

“I think 2009 will be a very different year for me. I have to wait four more years to accomplish my ultimate goal so in the meantime I'm exploring what my focus will be until then.

“I'm seriously considering concentrating on the longer sprints this year but I have not made any final decisions.

“I am taking a break from training and will start again in early November. The time is going fast but I do feel like I'm beginning to get in the mindset of preparing for next year.
    More at http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=102/newsid=47970.html

Would be a good decision if she decideds to focus on the 200/400 instead of 100/200 and sometimes 400. The w400 have been a weak event this season, also compared to the 100 and 200 and she has shown fantastic potential there.

The IAAF (IOC?) has made focusing on the 200/400 difficult because of the schedule in championship meets.

Comment

No surprises here. It's important that she win the 400 at the Worlds next year. Then she will be in a position to request the schedule change that will allow the 200/400 double in 2012. If she waits for 2011 things could get dicey, plus I feel she needs be in position to try the double in 2011 first.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Must I be the first to say it?

800!!!
        :twisted:

Comment

I love her in 4 but i hope she gets rid of that 'glitch in her get along' first.
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
            I love her in 4 but i hope she gets rid of that 'glitch in her get along' first.
            I'd say that's a good reason why she's "taking a break from training and will start again in November".

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
              The IAAF (IOC?) has made focusing on the 200/400 difficult because of the schedule in championship meets.
              It looks perfectly possible in Berlin at next year's World Championships. The 400 final is the day before the first two rounds of the 200. It's still a tough double--7 races in 7 days--but at least it can be done. It really couldn't in Osaka or Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                It looks perfectly possible in Berlin at next year's World Championships. The 400 final is the day before the first two rounds of the 200. It's still a tough double--7 races in 7 days--but at least it can be done. It really couldn't in Osaka or Beijing.
                I don't think it's a good idea to double next year - she HAS to win the 400 if she wants to have the sway she'll need for scheduling in 2012. Better to focus her energy on getting that out of the way and not get greedy. We saw what getting greedy got her this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

800!!!
                  ....and only I presume.. :lol:

Comment

800!!!
                    Care for another hotdog bet :wink: 8-) ?
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego

800!!!
                      Let's go for the trifecta

a 2.50 HJ
                      a 1:40.0 by JW
                      a 1:50 by AF!

Comment

800!!!
                        Let's go for the trifecta

a 2.50 HJ
                        a 1:40.0 by JW
                        a 1:50 by AF!
                        I thought our original one was Blanka at 210 prior to Eugene 2012, no :shock: ?

Adding those three, I might be forced to report it to IRS.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I thought our original one was Blanka at 210 prior to Eugene 2012, no :shock: ?
                          I think not. I thought the bet was a 2.50 HJ in my lifetime. Good luck collecting that from my cold stiff corpse! :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                            To make the w200/400 double possible in Berlin, the 400 is earlier and 200 later than in Beijing.

400 heats 8/15
                            400 semis 8/16
                            400 final 8/18
                            200 heats 8/19
                            200 quarters 8/19
                            200 semis 8/20
                            200 final 8/21

One ramification of all this is that on 8/21, where the 4x1 heats would usually be, the men's are there but the women's have moved to the next day. So on 8/22 the women run both heats and final of 4/1.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                              I'd say that's a good reason why she's "taking a break from training and will start again in November".
                              Since Felix started training with Kersee in 2005 her training has always started in November. :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X