Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MASTER PO IMPOSTER ALERT!

The Track and Field News endorsed login name "Master Po" is NOT the real Master Po, who asked me personally - via ethereal rice paper communiqué - to alert all to this cowardly fraud.

Name hijacking is one of the lowest offenses one can commit on the internet. There is a special place in hell reserved for the phony "Master Po."

Re: MASTER PO IMPOSTER ALERT!

hey malmo - get over it - it's possible someone else is a Kung Fu fan - Jeez.

Comment

Care to explain this to the uninformed? I think I'm to young to understand the reference.

Comment

Lighten up grasshopper. I gather from your bleatings that somebody else has been "Master Po" on some board somewhere, sometime. Pretty sure it hasnt' been this one.

If "Name hijacking is one of the lowest offenses one can commit on the internet" surely you don't expect people on this board to know what has been used on other boards? The mind boggles.

If you use a name here and it works, use it; if somebody else thinks they "own" it and didnt' register it, as the Russians would say, toughskiy shitskiy.

Comment

Malmo, honored master of running knowledge in danger of becoming crazy old hermit no one listens to. Stick to the true path.

Comment

Master Joe, how many names do you register to post under? Stick with one, pal.

Comment

>Lighten up grasshopper. I gather from your bleatings that somebody else has
              >been "Master Po" on some board somewhere, sometime. Pretty sure it hasnt'
              >been this one.

Disingenous, Gary Hil. But par for the course.

Comment

This is my first alias. Couldn't resist. And if it doesn't pass the test of your rapier-like wit, get stuffed.

Comment

>This is my first alias. Couldn't resist. And if it doesn't pass the test of
                  >your rapier-like wit, get stuffed.

The BS meter went off-scale. TAFN are a bunch of rubes when it comes to managing a message board. They put up a good thing and the trolls were sure to find them and ruin it. When they did, TAFN was forced to moderate. When that didn't work they were forced to require logins, only one problem - as they are learning now - the trolls will "register" multiple logins.

They'll catch on, it always happens this way. What appears to be the best running related message board will implode soon, then stricter controls - one user, one registered name - will be implemented and finally smooth sailing.

It always works this way.

Comment

"TAFN are a bunch of rubes when it comes to managing a message board."

So the obvious question is: why are you wasting your time here? Back to dyestat/letsrun with YOU!

Comment

>It always works this way.

Maybe I'm just the only one who is completely clueless as to what you are rambling about, but I don't recall seeing any poster using the 'Master Po' handle here or on LetsRun. Apparently GH, hasn't either. Could you elaborate on what exactly it is that we bumpkins are supposed to be wary of letting our naive little eyes read on the boards?

I also find you little rant against the running of the boards a bit excessive. Surely someone with your depth and breadth of knowledge is aware that the webmeisters can track the IP address of posters, whether registered or not. Someone who makes a nuissance of themselves by signing up for multiple names (all, apparently, for the sole purpose to stalking and harassing you), is fairly easily discerned.

Maybe I'm completely misreading people, but would it be too outlandish to suggest that if you have a problem with certain posts, that you drop an email to the admins (as opposed to publicly accusing them of incompetance) letting them know what aspects have hurt your feelings or damaged your carefully crafted persona? Do you have any reason to believe that if someone was transgressing the rules of the board, that action wouldn't be taken should you complain?

Comment

>They'll catch on, it always happens this way.
                        >What appears to be the best running related >message board will implode soon,
                        >then stricter controls - one user, one >registered name - will be implemented
                        >and finally smooth sailing.

>It always works this way.

Actually, as I've pointed out before, board disintegration is directly related to how many times malmo posts on it. In drawing attention to himself by writing rude garbage, he inspires off-topic posts as others take sides, either defending the person who made the (stupid-to malmo) initial comment or defending malmo's right to be a jerk by citing his long-ago running resume. Off-topic posts is what ruins boards and malmo inspires this with needless confrontation posts.

As was very nicely pointed out to me in private by someone who truly cares, I myself have recently been guilty of falling into malmo's crying for atttention trap.

Interesting malmo thinks this board is just an extension of letsrun or others. And a troll is anyone who disagrees with him. If anyone ever deserved permanent barring...

Comment

Brian or Dan Kaplan or whatever you're calling yourself these days - have a time-out.

Comment

Can dish it but not take it? The irony is that he's just doing the same as you do.

Comment

>Maybe I'm completely misreading people, but would
                              >it be too outlandish to suggest that if you have a problem with certain posts,
                              >that you drop an email to the admins (as opposed to publicly accusing them of
                              >incompetance) letting them know what aspects have hurt your feelings or damaged
                              >your carefully crafted persona? Do you have any reason to believe that if
                              >someone was transgressing the rules of the board, that action wouldn't be taken
                              >should you complain?

Actually, I have warned the administrators of this message board months ago that if they continue to not moderate their board it will implode, just like at Dyestat and Letsrun. Just as sure, this message board became clogged with off-topic posts until they were forced to require logins. The trolls will always push for new ways to get around registration as we've now seen, by cultivating multiple logins - until there is another implosion and the moderators are forced again to a higher threshold of registration.

Registration, especially "one-for-one" registration, is always resisted by the vocal minority of trolls whenever it's considered for a message board.

The trolls are afraid to stand up and be counted, and that won't change.

Comment

Working...
                              X