Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reims marathon david kiyeng 2:07.53, and daniel komen?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reims marathon david kiyeng 2:07.53, and daniel komen?

the reims marathon was won by david kiyeng in 2:07.53 over john komen in 2:08.06 as the first 4 were under 2:09, but MAYBE the big story was in 16th place where a runner named daniel komen ran 2:19, i dont know if this is the daniel komen of 7:20 for 3k fame, but i remember a couple of years ago THE FIRST daniel komen said he wanted to come back someday in the marathon, note the 7:20 for 3k daniel komen was born in 1976 making him 32 years old, while 2:19 is horrible for an athlete of his caliber, IF he is serious about a comeback he has geb like talent and could be a major player again if he sticks with it.

I do not know that the guy in 16th place at reims today is the first daniel komen, but it would be fun to see him come back.

tilastopaja list daniel komen running a 13:24 for 5k in shanghai on september 20th 2008 and that was his first race since 2003 according to tilastopaja he had no races from 2004-2007

Comment

Re: reims marathon david kiyeng 2:07.53, and daniel komen?

Originally posted by doug091463
      IF he is serious about a comeback he has geb like talent and could be a major player again if he sticks with it.
      Assuming it is the same guy, there's no chance he'll approach Geb's level of achievement. Komen once had the necessary fire-in-the-belly, but he lost it long ago...

Comment

Originally posted by kuha
        Komen once had the necessary fire-in-the-belly, but he lost it long ago...
        Thank you, Dr. Freud! :wink:

Comeback stories are always delightful, and though returns to the top of the world's elite are rare, they are not impossible. Think positive thoughts, kuha!

[which is not - I'm positive he won't be able to do it!]

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

Comeback stories are always delightful, and though returns to the top of the world's elite are rare, they are not impossible. Think positive thoughts, kuha!

Would you prefer a Jungian explanation, involving the collective unconscious and universal archetypes?

I'm not interested in being either positive or negative; just realistic. It was an unforgettable experience watching Komen run in '96 and '97. But he clearly lost his killer instinct pretty soon after that...

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow

Would you prefer a Jungian explanation, involving the collective unconscious and universal archetypes?

I'm not interested in being either positive or negative; just realistic. It was an unforgettable experience watching Komen run in '96 and '97. But he clearly lost his killer instinct pretty soon after that...
            I'm reading the article linked on the home page on Angelo Taylor and thinking how huge a comeback - in several ways - his was. Even before his legal problems, he had lost the fire. But he rekindled it this year - Big Time.

Comment

It was Daniel Kipchirchir Komen who ran 5000m in Shanghai.
              Probably Daniel Kipcheru Komen in Reims.
              Nothing to see here, move along ...

Comment

Working...
              X