Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldrick
    IAAF President Lamine Diack said “It is unacceptable to the IAAF that these athletes who have committed serious and deliberate breaches of our anti-doping Rules would receive an effective ban of approximately 9-10 months and see them eligible to compete again in the summer of 2009. What is more, I consider the circumstances surrounding these cases warrants the IAAF to seek an extended ban over and above the minimum two year period.
    if he runs an organisation so mickey-mouse that they take over 1y to get a derisory mouth swab from 7 athletes, he deserves no sympathy whatsoever
    Eldy, who said that they anomalous DNA was discovered the day after they took the first test. I do not recall completely but I think that someone noticed something after they had run the standard "A" tests, possibly by matching them up (and failing to match them up) with the DNA from later tests. Since this sort of thing can only come about from some organized and orchestrated cheating, I have zero sympathy for them, but certainly do not think that the amount of time that it took to get it all sorted out should count as 'time served'.

Comment

it isn't rocket science

as soon as they analysed the urine tests for these 7, they wouda found out that these samples had exactly the same measurement parameters - specific gravity, urinary electrolytes, etc

this "cross-analysis" of all samples shoud be already standard part of the software & take about 0.001s to screen-up 7 identical samples

what took another 15 months 30 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59.999 seconds ???

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
        it isn't rocket science

as soon as they analysed the urine tests for these 7, they wouda found out that these samples had exactly the same measurement parameters - specific gravity, urinary electrolytes, etc

this "cross-analysis" of all samples shoud be already standard part of the software & take about 0.001s to screen-up 7 identical samples

what took another 15 months 30 days 23 hours 59 minutes 59.999 seconds ???
        The urine at the same DNA, but not necessarily from the same point in time, so maybe those other things were not the same. Also, the samples were not run in parallel, but in serial; it is not clear when they noticed that the samples were all derived from the same source. Again, in an instance like this, I have NO sympathy; to complain because it took a while to put it together and to have what they felt was an ironclad case (it was the first, and hence test, case).

Comment

the point is, even if they were serial urine tests, any 2 identical tests from different athletes is definite cheating

these are high profile athletes who get tested very often & in the course of no more than a few weeks, they wouda probably got batches of 2 or 3 identical urines permuting 2 or 3 out of 7

software couda either cross-correlated the known identical tests or a bit of elbow grease sitting down with pen & paper for a coupla hours wouda done it

this means it still shoudn't have taken more than a few weeks to identify 7 athletes who at one time produced identical tests to someone else

Comment

Working...
          X