Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I [Heart] Gabe!

My favorite runner/metaphysician is on the loose again, now with his own blog

http://www.flotrack.org/blogs/blogger/g ... ogi-runner

Intro:

Lately, I have been mixing philosophy with my running. It is not always a good thing, like when it paralyzes you in the Rosenzweigian sense--when real life experience becomes separated from philosophical wonderment.

"All Gabe, all the time" in 360 degrees and full psychadelic color. One could ask for nothing more of life, except maybe more William Shatner music videos.

Next he needs his own (sur)reality TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by racewalker
      I think you're on to something there!

In today's episode of The Surreal Life, Gabe demonstrates how he aligns his chi with the Spirit of the Cosmos in order to achieve Inner Peace and the 3:45 Mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        in order to achieve Inner Peace and the 3:45 Mile.
        In his journal he is explicit that attaining an inner peace has not brought him a 3:45 mile. Maybe he needs a new guru?

Comment

sounds like gabe is a frequent visitor to esalen...

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            In today's episode of The Surreal Life, Gabe demonstrates how he aligns his chi with the Spirit of the Cosmos in order to achieve Inner Peace and the 3:45 Mile.
            You Stanford guys sure talk funny.

Comment

Originally posted by racewalker
              "All Gabe, all the time" in 360 degrees and full psychadelic color. One could ask for nothing more of life, except maybe more William Shatner music videos.

I'd watch it. Sure would beat the hell out of the Hogans. :]

Sometimes I think--in a different place and time--Charles Manson would have had his own "reality" show.

Comment

Gabe Sighting Alert!!

The Gabester finished third in the Monson Memorial Classic Half-Marathon Sunday. With that awesome fitness base under his belt, he'll be ripping some 3:4x miles any day now!!!

Comment

You never know. He ran a couple of road races (including a marathon) in the fall of 2005 and the next year was one of his better ones--that was when he finished 2nd in the Nationals.

It's hard to figure him out, and I think it may be a mistake to count him out.

Comment

Working...
                  X