• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klüft Has Stress Fracture, Joins Both Kallurs on Injury List

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/f ... 3652550.ab

Re: Klüft Has Stress Fracture, Joins Both Kallurs on Injury

Originally posted by EPelle
    http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/friidrott/article3652550.ab
    what does it say in non pickled-herring ?

Comment

Out a few weeks, had problems during summer. Applied ice, disappeared -- so they thought. Now off to recover a bit, attempt to gauge progress in a few weeks. Light indoor season. Can:t do any jump training right now.

Comment

perhaps it explains her poor peking performances

concentrating solely on lj & healthy, she really shouda murdered 7m ( & that's from a non-fan )

Comment

Eric, any comments to Aftonbladet's mentioning of coach Bergvall as somebody who has been criticized for pushing his athletes too hard?

Comment

Epelle, has she or her coach made any statements about what event's she's doing in 09? I wonder if this with influence her decision?

I read an article (after the LJ I think) where she said she will do the LJ AND heptathlon in 2009.

08 injury or not, with the resurgence in standard in the heptalon in 08, Kluft should go back to that event IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
              Has she or her coach made any statements about what event's she's doing in 09? I wonder if this with influence her decision?
              I read an article (after the LJ I think) where she said she will do the LJ AND heptathlon in 2009.
              08 injury or not, with the resurgence in standard in the heptalon in 08, Kluft should go back to that event IMO.
              A return to the heptathlon will definitely not happen in 2009 - and most likely never. She will stick to the horizontal jumps - mainly the LJ.

She has never said or even hinted that she regretted her move away from the heptathlon and contemplated to go back to the heptathlon. Quite the contrary she has repeatedly been adamant in stressing how much she appreciates training for the horizontal jumps only.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick

concentrating solely on lj & healthy, she really shouda murdered 7m ( & that's from a non-fan )
                Of course, she could have PRed in both the LJ and TJ in Beijing and gotten only a bronze and a 10th. She doesn't have the same kind of horizontal jump talent as she did as an all-arounder.

Comment

Originally posted by jla
                  She has never said or even hinted that she regretted her move away from the heptathlon and contemplated to go back to the heptathlon. Quite the contrary she has repeatedly been adamant in stressing how much she appreciates training for the horizontal jumps only.
                  I definately read it in one article, regardless of whether it was true!

I would like to see her to the heptathlon, but I understand if she doesnt. But she could end up never medalling again in amajor meet!

Comment

... and, if she didn:t, she:d be fine with that with not a single regret. To her, it:s about having fun. I think she perhaps has that tatooed on her forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Of course, she could have PRed in both the LJ and TJ in Beijing and gotten only a bronze and a 10th. She doesn't have the same kind of horizontal jump talent as she did as an all-arounder.
                      i'd disagree

she's got ?6.97pb whilst doing the hepta, so that pb was set of limited training

if did lj solely, she obviously woud have a better pb ( assuming fit ) - it may not be a huge increase, but i see no reason why she coudn't go 7.10 - 7.20 & that kinda mark woud have a likely >50% chance of gold in any global

we got example of naide who upped her lj significantly when dropping the hepta & kluft is a helluva better natural talent than her

Comment

how can you be a non fan of Carro :? :?
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

More Kluft debates, fact is 1 x olympic 3 x world 2 x european gold meadles, why go back to heptathlon?? what is the need thats done! let her enjoy her sport, lets see what she can do in LJ and TJ hell if she wants to focus on HJ let her!!

she could do something amazing in either, everyone knows the potential... if she never wins another gold meadle at least she will have enjoyed athletics and been hugely succesful!

hope she gets well soon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

how can you be a non fan of Carro :? :?
                            never enjoyed her hyperactive, childlike celebrating when she burst on the scene - albeit she has toned that down a tad as she has matured

Comment

Nice girl from Växjö. Small city. Hugely and immensely successful, talented and energetic. I need to dig up those journalist quotes from a few years back used to describe her when she popped up on the senior scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X