Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USATF Restructuring Plan Announced

see Doug Logan's Blog now on the front page.

My immediate question would be, "what if 67% of the membership in Reno doesn't vote to accept it?"

SO far it looks painless, but there are a few key elements that will prove to be flash points in Reno.
    That HPP position being the top of the charts.
    Makes it all exciting doesnt it? LOL

Comment

Checks and balances
      or
      All from the same interest group

Comment

coachclean that is the other thing I noticed.
        and i am looking for the checks and balances too, so far it looks like everything runs through the office or CEO which would be one in the same at the end of the day.
        So it seems

Comment

Can we please dispense with this "Doug wrote a blog" nonsense?

Logan doesn't write a blog. He writes a column, or writes a report. A blog is a two-way communications medium.

My blog, which will be 6 years old in January 2009, has just over 5,000 reader comments attached to 2,000 entries. People rip me a new one every week. I rarely zap a comment.

BTW, I don't count the "Tell us what you think" function on the Logan "blog" as a true feedback mechanism, since only USATF staffers read the responses.

If Doug really wants his "blog" to be taken seriously, he'll allow readers to post comments on it. They should be viewable by all.

Until then, it's just a bunch of words. And he's no blogger.

K E N
          K E N

Comment

I hope you're excoriating the AP as well, since you clearly know better than anyone else:

<<The Associated Press
            Go to Google News
            ©2008 Google - Map data ©2008 Tele Atlas - Terms of Use
            USATF board approves streamlining operation

12 hours ago

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The federation that governs track and field in the United States plans to cut the size of its board of directors by more than half and make other structural changes.

The moves are aimed at creating a more accountable and efficient organization.

The USA Track & Field board of directors approved the changes this week under pressure from the U.S. Olympic Committee. The plan will be submitted to the entire USATF membership at its annual meeting Dec. 3 in Reno.

"We simply must become a more efficient and effective organization," USATF chief executive officer Doug Logan wrote in his blog on the federation Web site.....>>

Comment

Working...
            X