Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Nationals Q&A w/ Galen Rupp

Transcript of a conversation Jon Hendershott had w/ Rupp at the West Regional last weekend now posted to front page.

Re: Pre-Nationals Q&A w/ Galen Rupp

Originally posted by gh
    Transcript of a conversation Jon Hendershott had w/ Rupp at the West Regional last weekend now posted to front page.

Nice stuff. I hope it's going to be in the next issue (for the personal archives; I'm one of those who doesn't believe the Internet can take the place of hard copy newspaper or magazines. And printouts just don't cut it for me.).

Honestly, I haven't seen as much interest about the NCAA meet individual race in years. Worth hijacking a plane to Terre Haute.

[Got to go, someone at my door.

Who? Homeland Security? What? No! I was just kidding. It's just a JOKE on a Track & Field website message board. No--Track & Field, not Field & Stream. No! I don't own a hunting rifle! Ohhhh....!]

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
      Honestly, I haven't seen as much interest about the NCAA meet individual race in years. Worth hijacking a plane to Terre Haute. [.!]
      Thinking about it. It has been 54 years since my Okla State Cowboys won the NCAA X-C and this year, we have a legitimate shot.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        Honestly, I haven't seen as much interest about the NCAA meet individual race in years. Worth hijacking a plane to Terre Haute. [.!]
        Thinking about it. It has been 54 years since my Okla State Cowboys won the NCAA X-C and this year, we have a legitimate shot.
        I think that there are really only two with a legitimate shot at the title - I would give an edge to the western 'O' but partly because they have more possibilities for filling the 4/5 slots - however, they also have more question marks there.

Comment

Nice stuff. I hope it's going to be in the next issue (for the personal archives; I'm one of those who doesn't believe the Internet can take the place of hard copy newspaper or magazines. And printouts just don't cut it for me.).....
          Sorry, but not a chance. Aside from the fact that it would be horridly dated material after the Nationals, why would we reprint something that so many subscribers have already seen, meaning that it would replace new and different material?

If we're to stay alive, a symbiosis between e and paper needs to be found, the former sustaining interest between issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
            [ I think that there are really only two with a legitimate shot at the title - I would give an edge to the western 'O' but partly because they have more possibilities for filling the 4/5 slots - however, they also have more question marks there.

Hey! Is that Colorado sneaking up through the weeds...?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Sorry, but not a chance. Aside from the fact that it would be horridly dated material after the Nationals, why would we reprint something that so many subscribers have already seen, meaning that it would replace new and different material?

If we're to stay alive, a symbiosis between e and paper needs to be found, the former sustaining interest between issues.

Thought maybe it was already in there before it hit the website.

Oh, well. Such a nice pic, too.

Comment

[ I think that there are really only two with a legitimate shot at the title - I would give an edge to the western 'O' but partly because they have more possibilities for filling the 4/5 slots - however, they also have more question marks there.

Not for first. They might have an outside, outside chance with only one of those teams, but the chance that both of them will fade badly at the end is pretty low. Add to this that Colorado would have to not only beat those two but also the likes of Alabama, Wisconsin, Iona, Minnesota, Michigan, Stanford, Portland, Virginia, and Northern Arizona. They ran a very tight group at Regionals, but that might mean that their 4/5/6 guys were pushed and might have trouble being at the top of their game when it counts.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

And there, in a nutshell, is the bind that a printed magazine finds itself in in this instant-information world. The story/pic couldn't have gone in the issue because it went to the printer before the West Regional.

Yet most subscribers won't see the issue until this week (or maybe even next), after the NCAA itself has been completed. Hence the attempt to provide at least a little bit of "live" news on the eTN side.

Comment

Not for first. They might have an outside, outside chance with only one of those teams, but the chance that both of them will fade badly at the end is pretty low. Add to this that Colorado would have to not only beat those two but also the likes of Alabama, Wisconsin, Iona, Minnesota, Michigan, Stanford, Portland, Virginia, and Northern Arizona. They ran a very tight group at Regionals, but that might mean that their 4/5/6 guys were pushed and might have trouble being at the top of their game when it counts.

A metaphor. Someone unplanned on or previously dismissed coming up and winning.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      Originally posted by gh

And there, in a nutshell, is the bind that a printed magazine finds itself in in this instant-information world. The story/pic couldn't have gone in the issue because it went to the printer before the West Regional.

Yet most subscribers won't see the issue until this week (or maybe even next), after the NCAA itself has been completed. Hence the attempt to provide at least a little bit of "live" news on the eTN side.

And it IS appreciated, gh. Really.

That was a sigh, not a whine.

Nah. I'm just being a bad product of American culture: I want it all and I want it now!

:]

Comment

Working...
                      X