Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If Allen JOHNSON...

Hmmmmm........perhaps there is some confusion here (either on my part, or otherwise), but the splits i gave for AJ were for his Olympic Final (12.95) gold medal. Incidentally, his trials final was 12.92, not 12.93.

Comment

Or......maybe you were just referring to the correct splits and were indeed talking about a separate race.

Also, i'm curious, what are your thoughts on the Olympic 12.95 run? Do you agree with my conclusions about the ~12.81, or do you see things differently. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Comment

>Or......maybe you were just referring to the correct splits and were indeed
        >talking about a separate race.

Also, i'm curious, what are your thoughts
        >on the Olympic 12.95 run? Do you agree with my conclusions about the ~12.81,
        >or do you see things differently. I'd love to hear your opinion.

i made an error: i was referring to his trials of 12.92 (not 12.93 - all those 12.92's & 12.93's get confusing !) - that one i make 12.83 - 12.85 at best

i'm not sure about the 12.95 final,because splits are at top of hurdle,whereas PJ's one's are at touch-down - we'll have to look at them & see what comes out (shouldn't be hard - i'll try & see what i get,when i've got some time) - but his trials already show he was capable of 12.83 - 12.85,so a quicker time is obviously possible for him

Comment

>And here are AJ's
          >Atlanta splits as per T&FN (and i have included Mark
          >Crear's in parentheses, to
          >show exactly how much ground AJ probably lost
          >coming off the last
          >hurdle):

It should be noted that these splits were
          >taken with an eye-beam
          >that registered when they crossed the top of the
          >hurdle. They are not touch
          >down times.

H1: 2.34 (2.35)
          H2: 3.38
          >(3.38)
          H3: 4.39 (4.37)
          H4: 5.36
          >(5.39)
          H5: 6.32 (6.39)
          H6: 7.30
          >(7.41)
          H7: 8.30 (8.46)
          H8: 9.33 (9.47)
          H9:
          >10.36 (10.51)
          H10: 11.28
          >(11.56)
          110m: 12.95 (13.09)

looking at those splits,there is quite clearly a typo of the 10th hurdle time (11.28s). if you subtract the 9th hurdle time of 10.36s,you get 0.92s which is impossible - i don't believe a split between hurdles has ever been recorded faster than 0.97s.
          using an idealised model,his splits from 5th hurdle onwards could have been ideally ~

6.32, 7.32, 8.33, 9.33, 10.34, 11.35s

his time at top of 10th hurdle would at quickest have been 11.35 ( it's only a model i use & nowhere near foolproof,but i think it is OK to within 0.01 - 0.02s either side).

trouble is trying to work out the run-in from last hurdle to tape - that needs more work.
          however for a guesstimate you assume he had same run-in time as Crear (i assume he didn't hit last hurdle !) of 13.09 - 11.56 = 1.53s,
          you get 11.35 + 1.53 =

12.88s

(this of course depends on what you want to use for his run-in: if you believe he was always quicker than Crear off the last hurdle,than maybe 12.85 is more likely,but 12.81 sounds a bit too quick)

Comment

Allen is the best hurdler of all times and I hope that he takes the gold medal in both, world indoors and olympics, to get the respect that he deserves.
            I think that after 2 world indoor golds, 5 world outdoors and a olympic games he should be more popular because there are few people in the states with better record than that

Comment

Working...
            X