Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logan opens blog to feedback, and he gets it

On a locked board, I wrote how I wished USATF CEO Doug Logan would become a real blogger by adding a comment function to his entries:
    http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=32123

Well, he's now gone and did it!
    http://www.usatf.org/about/leadership/ShinSplintsBlog/

Scroll down to see a dozen recent comments.

I posted twice, and both showed up instantly! Way cool -- and courageous of Doug. He'll probably read them, too.

K E N
    K E N

Re: Logan opens blog to feedback, and he gets it

Originally posted by TrackCEO
    I posted
    Ich auch.
    I'm a little skeptical that it's anything more than window dressing for his blog, but occasionally someone will post something factual that could actually help him!

Comment

And it is immediately apparent what problems Logan faces -- the age-old "pay attention to my pet area" pleas from everyone and his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
        Logan faces -- the age-old "pay attention to my pet area" pleas from everyone and his brother.
        Yeah, you're right. I withdraw my support.

Let's go back to the old system of USATF leadership closing its eyes and ears to the grass roots. Shoot the whistle-blowers! Hang the misguided critics!

All is well! :roll:

K E N
        K E N

Comment

Overreact much, Ken?

Comment

Originally posted by gm
            And it is immediately apparent what problems Logan faces -- the age-old "pay attention to my pet area" pleas from everyone and his brother.
            Squeaky wheel gets the grease! Who better than the 'experts' to give him input? The best posts will be the ones that address specific problems with specific viable solutions. In my experience people in the 'front office' are often unaware of real problems and solutions. The best Naval officers are the ones who get down and dirty with the enlisted personnel and find out what they need to get the mission accomplished.

Comment

The squeaky wheel gets removed and put on another vehicle with three other like ones, thus no longer standing out. The person attempting to use the original vehicle, the one with a missing tyre, was told 52 weeks ago that a new one is on the way.

Comment

If you look at Doug Logan's speech at the convention, he sets three goals for the new Olympiad (1): thirty clean medals in London - compared to twenty-five medals in 2008; (2) a thirty percent increase in membership - which would move USATF membership into the low six digits, and (3) a thirty million annual budget - almost double the 2008 budget. Thirty-thirty-thirty is certainly easy to remember.

The above presents a smart big picture view: one goal for the elite (and an anti-doping one at that), one goal for the grassroots, and a third goal which would financially help accomplish the first two goals by increasing USATF resources.

In general, I like the focus and the clear benchmarks instead of more nebulous goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                  If you look at Doug Logan's speech at the convention, he sets three goals for the new Olympiad (1): thirty clean medals in London - compared to twenty-five medals in 2008;
                  The US medal count in 2008 was 23, not 25.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                    Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                    If you look at Doug Logan's speech at the convention, he sets three goals for the new Olympiad (1): thirty clean medals in London - compared to twenty-five medals in 2008;
                    The US medal count in 2008 was 23, not 25.
                    This means that USATF must FINALLY get serious about funding and developing athletes in ALL events, not just those that are finished in under 60 seconds.

Comment

Working...
                    X