Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Gardener - 6.49

Yet another WL time from Jason Gardener, winning the British AAAs.

Re: Jason Gardener - 6.49

He looked smooth, did he seem to be stumbling on his 2nd or 3rd step, or is it just my eyes?
    Nevertheless, more is too come form Jason. Maybe this year, he has got it right, and he can transfer his Indoor status to Outdoors....

Comment

>He looked smooth, did he seem to be stumbling on his 2nd or 3rd step, or is it
      >just my eyes?

I don't know if he did stumble, but his start in the final was better than his start in the semi (where he ran 6.51). I think it's just his style of running that makes it look like he's stumbling a bit out of the blocks, because of his quick leg speed.

Comment

...I think
        >it's just his style of running that makes it look like he's stumbling a bit out
        >of the blocks, because of his quick leg speed.

That's it...Now when I look at the rpelay I see that because his turnover is so quick, he apperas to be stumbling.

Comment

Gardner has ability hopefully the trend of slower times(less guys on mega doses of anabolics) continues and guys that are about 10 flat 100 meter runners have a chance to medal. It would be good for the sport to see that if you compete clean you can excel.

Comment

Repeat after me: 60 times mean nothing, 60 times mean nothing, 60 times mean nothing...

Do the following names ring a bell? All are in the all-time top 10 in the 60, and their impact on the 100 was, shall we say, less than imposing:

Tim Harden, Leonard Myles-Mills, Marcus Brunson, Nelli Cooman, Christy Opara-Thompson, Chioma Ajunwa, Philomena Mensah.

(Oh yeh, Gardener was already in the top 10 when the season began. He hasn't even PBed yet.)

Comment

The name of the game is speed endurance and Gardener is short on it. If he could improve it, he'd be great during outdoors.

Comment

That said, I would much rather be able to run a 6.46 (his latest time) in Feb, knowing I had a great start and raw speed, and that I can work on my speed endurance/relaxation techniques, than have all the endurance in the world, but an inability to get out quickly.

Comment

Endurance isn't facotring in at the same capacity at this point of the season than during outdoors. Gardener's 60m are require no endurance at all (less than 7s). Endurance would play a role if he was given less than complete recovery between rounds but that's not an issue.

If he did improve his speed endruance, he'd still run brilliantly indoors but would also run with the best at 100/200 outdoors. Greene was equally explosive out of the blocks but had the endurance of a 19.8 200m runner making for a consistent sub10, sub9.95 and occasional sub 9.9 performer.

Comment

>He hasn't even PBed yet.

Yes, but he's equalled his PB (and European record) and we're only half way through the indoor season.

Jason might not have the greatest speed endurance (his 20.92 200m time shows that), but one thing his coach (Malcolm Arnold) pointed out was that the difference with Jason this year is the fact that, approaching the finish line of the 60m, Jason is still running away from the rest of the field. Both Jason and Malcolm have high hopes for the outdoor season (as well as indoor), and their comments have been well publicised in the British press. I think the annoyance of Dwaine's positive test has been a key factor in Jason's motivation.

Comment

Working...
                    X