Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becky Bereswill

This 18 year old races for Episcopal High School, where she is a senior honor student.

She medaled at the conference championships in 2007 in the half mile. Last year, Her 4x800-meter relay team won the high school division gold medal at the Texas Relays, setting a school record. Her team has won the conference championship two years in a row.

What's interesting about Bereswill is that she is merely a track athlete on the side. She recently won The Junior Grand Prix Final in Figure Skating (A huge deal in that sport) and has set herself up to be the next big thing in figure skating. I can't recall anyone else with great skills in such different sports. Kudos

You can watch her skate on youtube.

It's not quite the same thing, but I'm recalling one of the U.S.'s best young sprinters of the late '70s whose name escapes me. Think she was from Philly area and went to Arizona State briefly.

She gave up track for..... roller disco!

Comment

Asha Philip - world youth champion in 100m. Also world U15 champion in trampolining (or a variant of it).

Comment

i thought of a couple
        chrisanto espana world welterweight champion knocking out olympic champion meldrick taylor to win the title, only 1 loss in over 30 fights. and he ran a 2:16 marathon during his boxing career before he became champion.

jack cuvo who was a 2 time ncaa division 1 champion in wrewstling at east stroudsburg (back then they let a few top guys in each weight from division 2 schools compete in the division 1 meet) he was a division 2 cross country all american, and i think he beat brad hudson in a track 10k in high school.

Comment

please ignore that last graph: any and all claims regards Wilt as a track guy (other than jumping, I think, 6-6 3/4 to win the Drake Relays once) are complete and utter 100% bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

She gave up track for..... roller disco!
            Damn that roller disco phenomenon. How many potential Olympic champions wound up strutting their stuff in starlight express! :?: :cry:

Comment

Not on the same level, but I know one kid who is top-5 at state in cross country, has run 4:30/9:50 in track...and flirts with 14' in the pole vault.

I've always found it mildly humorous because most distance runners can't even bend a pole.

Comment

Re: Becky Bereswill

Originally posted by Jaack
                What's interesting about Bereswill is that she is merely a track athlete on the side. She recently won The Junior Grand Prix Final in Figure Skating (A huge deal in that sport) and has set herself up to be the next big thing in figure skating. I can't recall anyone else with great skills in such different sports. Kudos

You can watch her skate on youtube.
                She's not just an average skater...she's a great skater with all of the tricks. Her coach Mark Janoshak is...(drum roll please)...Canadian.

cman

Comment

Working...
                X