Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school junior Scott Sellers clears 7'4"

Looks like Scott is making very fine progress in the High Jump this year. He's the sophomore record holder at 7'2 3/4 set last year and in Houston (a few days ago) during an all-comers meet he was clean through 7'4". His only misses were at 7'5 1/4 (2.27m). Gail Olson holds the current indoor high school record, but he may not hold it for long. I've never seen him jump, but have any of you? If so, what do you think about him?
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Re: High school junior Scott Sellers clears 7'4

Goggle Sellers and you can find some photos of him jumping last year...Dyestat has the meet results posted. Sellers wins at 7'4" and second place is 5'8" !!!!

Comment

ive seen scott jump on several occasions and the kid is the best. i talked to him at the 1st houston indoor open and he said the trials depend on how the outdoor season looks. so far the indoor looks good (7'4" so far!!) and im going to bet the outdoor will look alot better

Comment

Did you happen to see his jumps at 7'5 1/4"? Was he close?
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

He wasn't really close at 7-5.25, but some of his earlier clearances at 6-10, 7-0, 7-2 were easily at the 7-6 level. Don't forget that he also long jumped in the meet. Great talent from a well-run program.

Comment

THE THIRD TRY AT 7'5 1/4" WAS THE CLOSEST WITH HIM KICKING THE BAR MORE THAN HITTING IT. THE CINCO TRACK PROGRAM IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST TRACK PROGRAMS IN THE STATE. LAST YEAR AT THE DISTRICT MEET IN HOUSTON HE HIT 23 FEET IN THE LONG JUMP SO IM SURE HE CAN PULL A REPAT MIKE MORRISON ASSULT ON THE HIGH AND LONG JUMP

Comment

For those who only speak metric and find english measure silly, note that 7'4" is one of those heights that doesn't have an "exact" metric translation. It's 2.235.

Comment

I have to amend my original quote. He set the sophomore class record twice. The latter record is actually 7'3.25" (2.21). Everyone talks about Andra Manson's 7'7" (2.31) jump, which was an awesome jump, but I think that Sellers will be able to challenge Andra's record by his senior year. The American junior class is starting to look pretty good.

Comment

I strongly second that!!!

Comment

hey all, i live in pecan grive, which is a 10 minute drive away from cinco ranch. i saw scott jump a few times lasst year at our meets and hes a frekin monster. hes tall and kinda pale with long legs like a frog. kinda creepy but u can tell hes a good jumper. in fact i get to see him again on the 21st. cinco is hosting a meet at their school and we're invited. if this thread is still up or rejuvinated cuz hell jump amazing outdoors, ill keep ya posted

Comment

hey all i just got back from the runsprt all comers meet where scott jumped 7'4" again!! the kid is amazing. 3 tries at 7'5.25" with the 1st being the closest, 7'7"s within range

Comment

All this and he's still a junior! By the way, how tall is he?

Comment

I've seen him in person and he's an incredible jumper. I'd say he's about 6'2 or 6'3

Comment

i actually talked with him mom and she says he is 6'2 and get this.. 155 lbs!! thats feather light. no wonder he flies

Comment

After the 7-4 on Feb. 6, his three jumps at 7-5 1/2 (2.27m) were not close, but this past Saturday (Feb. 14) he cleared 2.23 and his three at 2.27 were very close - barely nicked the bar with the back of one leg on the 2nd try -- it won't be long!

Comment

Working...
                              X