Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which elites are vaulting at the Reno Summit?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from home-page-linked article.

U.S. olympian Stacy Dragila accomplished another major feat Friday at the Pole Vault Summit. She was inducted into the National Pole Vault Hall of Fame for 2008.
    I did not know that even existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      from home-page-linked article.

U.S. olympian Stacy Dragila accomplished another major feat Friday at the Pole Vault Summit. She was inducted into the National Pole Vault Hall of Fame for 2008.
      I did not know that even existed.
      Yup, has since 2000. Here are the inductees: http://www.usapolevaulting.org/halloffame.htm

Comment

Interesting list ! I noticed Sternberg is not in. But aside from the tragedy of his life, I suppose he was just a one year wonder in a rapidly changing event in 1963, so that's why he is not in. Still....

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
          Interesting list ! I noticed Sternberg is not in. But aside from the tragedy of his life, I suppose he was just a one year wonder in a rapidly changing event in 1963, so that's why he is not in. Still....
          I am 99% sure he was inducted a few years ago... 2005 I believe. He must have been inadvertently left off the website. He came out to the Summit that year and everything.

I must have put the program from the banquet in my checked luggage, so I will have to check it when I get home.

Comment

Glad to see Darren make 5.60 again. I officiated the first time he reached that level, I think.

Originally posted by polevaultpower
            Men
            1. Darren Niedermeyer 5.60
            2. Rory Quiller 5.50
            3. (tie) Brian Mondschein 5.40
            3. (tie) Paul Gensic 5.40
            5. Tim Mack 5.40
            6. Giovanni Lanaro (Mexico) 5.30
            7. Nick Hysong 5.30
            8. (tie) Graeme Hoste 5.20
            8. (tie) Mark Hollis 5.20
            10. Paul Litchfield 5.20
            11. Chris Steddum 5.10

Women
            1. Chelsea Johnson 4.45
            2. Fabiana Murer (Brazil) 4.45
            3. Lacy Janson 4.35
            4. Becky Holliday 4.25
            5. Stacy Dragila 4.25
            nh. Erin Asay

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
              Originally posted by dukehjsteve
              I am 99% sure he was inducted a few years ago... 2005 I believe. He must have been inadvertently left off the website. He came out to the Summit that year and everything.

I must have put the program from the banquet in my checked luggage, so I will have to check it when I get home.
              I checked my program and it says Sternberg was inducted in 2005. There was a card given out and he got left off that, so when they made the website they must have looked at the wrong list.

Comment

Working...
              X