This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 indoor results

Not much of note has happened so far, but I thought I'd create a thread for people to post notable results/news as the season progresses.

Renaud Lavillenie's 5.81m (19' 0¾") PV has already been mentioned on another thread, as have the results from the Pole Vault Summit. Linus Thornblad jumped 2.27m (7' 5¼") on December 31 and Petra Lammert threw 18.57m (60' 11¼") in the shot a few days before Christmas. The fastest 60m performances so far at this very early stage of the season belong to Christian Blum (6.63) and Mariya Bolikova (7.28). And last weekend Andy Turner ran a WL of 7.70 in the 60mH.

Scott Sellers, a senior at K-state, cleared 2.19m during a Pentathlon on 12/12/08. That's a pretty decent pre-season mark.
    If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietmar239
      Scott Sellers, a senior at K-state, cleared 2.19m during a Pentathlon on 12/12/08. That's a pretty decent pre-season mark.
      But Linus did his 2.27 with a 7 step run -up :lol:

Comment

Hopefully he can get out of Holm's shadow this year. He is going to need to in a big way if he wants to get close to Silnov. I have a feeling Silnov is ready to bust a big one.
        If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Hopefully he can get out of Holm's shadow this year. He is going to need to in a big way if he wants to get close to Silnov. I have a feeling Silnov is ready to bust a big one.
          I would like to see Thornblad over 2.35 outdoors this year. But you are right, Silnov might be ready for much higher. 2.40-2.41?

Comment

Hopefully he can get out of Holm's shadow this year.
            He will do by default, surely, as Holm retired last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
              Hopefully he can get out of Holm's shadow this year.
              He will do by default, surely, as Holm retired last year.
              No, what I mean is the constant comparison's to the predecessor. It's the same thing that Holm experienced during his career concerning long-retired Sjoberg. Linus is an outstanding jumper on his own and it may take a breakout season for him to set himself apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                I would like to see Thornblad over 2.35 outdoors this year. But you are right, Silnov might be ready for much higher. 2.40-2.41?
                I seriously think he can challenge Thranhardt's indoor ER this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Andersen
                  I seriously think he can challenge Thranhardt's indoor ER this winter.
                  If he's trained properly after his Olympic Gold, and hasn't picked up any injuries, it's reasonable to expect him to make at least 2.40m indoors. However, the height progressions get tricky after that. Thranhardt's ER is 2.42m and Soto's WR is 2.43m, so if he makes 2.40m would he shoot for 2.44m? Probably and I can't see him making that...

After reading the comments on the shoe thread I looked more closely at some video/pics of him once he leaves the ground. He definitely gets into some odd positions during the flight phase...

Comment

I notice he doesn't lean his head back as much as some of the other jumpers. I've seen him clear in the 2.34m range while looking at the bar as he goes over. I would have to think that his hips would go even higher by tilting that head back a bit.

Comment

In Yekaterinburg today, Borisov set a 60m hurdles WL of 7.59.

Other results
                      http://eng.rusathletics.com/sor/sor.php?sor_in=1573
                      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                        That 1:26.11 for 600m from Mariya Savinova is pretty swift (fifth fastest indoor clocking of all time). At this time last year she ran 1:28.20 for 600m before her indoor 1:59.46 for 800m. I wonder if she'll drop a fast 800m clocking in Russia before the indoor season is out... :roll:

Comment

And not a bad 300m from Veshkurova (37.50) considering she ran 37.51 in 2007, off the back of her 2006 season, which was her best so far.

Comment

Hard to get too excited about 300 and 600 times, where the data sample is so small as to make the making of the all-time list not that difficult a proposition, relatively speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              Hard to get too excited about 300 and 600 times, where the data sample is so small as to make the making of the all-time list not that difficult a proposition, relatively speaking.
                              True, hence why I looked at her own time from a previous year

Comment

Working...
                              X