Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephanie Hightower, not too comfy with her being USATF Prez

And I'll tell you why.
    At the trials when little Miss Hasay was being interviewed on TV Ms Hightower was in the background.

I couldn't shake the sense that she was maneuvering her self to be in the camera's eye. About three times it seemed like she moved herself to be clearly seen by the camera.

I hope I'm wrong but if not then to me that shows an ego which implies that to her it's not about the athlete.

Not everybody can be a selfless Mahatma Gandhi I know and we're all human but hey, I was just hoping.

I kinda think Michael Johnson would've been a good person for the post.

Much as I like the concept of "new blood," you can't just walk into a job like the presidency of USATF without having a good grounding in how the organization works at some elemental levels, which means a few years of serving in the trenches and attending conventions, etc., etc.

Michael is a very competent man, but he would have been in completely over his head in that job, as would any "outsider."

Comment

Re: Stephanie Hightower, not too comfy with her being USATF

Originally posted by carlosreyes2k
      And I'll tell you why.
      At the trials when little Miss Hasay was being interviewed on TV Ms Hightower was in the background.

I couldn't shake the sense that she was maneuvering her self to be in the camera's eye. About three times it seemed like she moved herself to be clearly seen by the camera.

You'll note the comparative lack of camera time that was offered over at the women's high jump pit.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Working...
      X