Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi - 2011

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ben Offereins ran big 400m PR: 45.69 on Gold Coast for WC B-qualifier.

    Others:
    McLellan 13.03
    Thomas 50.38

    More here: http://www.athletics.com.au/news/news/2 ... son_malaga

    Comment


    • Jamo out of WC team due to calf injury

      and in Nivelles yesterday

      Brendan Cole 1st 49.98
      Matt Boyd 1st 5.20m
      Lara Nicod 4th 2-06.99
      Alana Boyd 1st 4.20m
      Jacinta Boyd 1st 6.31m (+2.3)

      Comment


      • Mitchell Watt's 8.15 LJ in Lille impressed me. Not a bad effort on debut in Europe.

        Looks like with Lapierre and Watt we might finally have an Aussie duo of long jumpers to rival the heyday of Taurima and Burge.

        Also intriguing to see that it is this pair to end up on top rather than perhpas more hyped Thornell, Crowther and Noffke...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AS
          Mitchell Watt's 8.15 LJ in Lille impressed me. Not a bad effort on debut in Europe.

          Looks like with Lapierre and Watt we might finally have an Aussie duo of long jumpers to rival the heyday of Taurima and Burge.

          Also intriguing to see that it is this pair to end up on top rather than perhpas more hyped Thornell, Crowther and Noffke...
          Video of Watt's 8.15.

          http://www.youtube.com/user/numbersix8# ... 4UTNNfsohc

          Comment


          • I see in Salamanca Joel Milburn getting back to his best with 45.83 and Scott Martin probably earning a Berlin start with his SB 20.45m

            Lewis 57.52 for third in 400H

            Comment


            • Hi guys hope someone can help me.

              Two questions to people who may know - does anyone know the most T & F annual ranking points earned by an Aussie male. Was thinking it would be Deeks, but does anyone know what that would be ??? Reason is, Hooker may push it over next few years. Even if he does not medal this year, his marks and win sequence will have him near the top (saw his 3rd 5.77), and he may have quite a few years left...

              Also does anyone know if Scotty Martin has been confirmed on the team yet, the National website, is driving me nuts trying to find the team list ??

              Any info appreciated looking forward to Berlin -
              " we all overtrain" Pat Casey to George Frenn

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Terry Gibbs
                does anyone know the most T & F annual ranking points earned by an Aussie male. Was thinking it would be Deeks, but does anyone know what that would be ??? Reason is, Hooker may push it over next few years. Even if he does not medal this year, his marks and win sequence will have him near the top (saw his 3rd 5.77), and he may have quite a few years left...
                TFN's web-based Archive only goes through to 2002, but here are the highest totals for a single event that I can find:

                Ron Clarke (10000m) 64
                Ron Clarke (5000m) 59
                Rob de Castella (Mar) 48
                Kerry O'Brien (Steeple) 35 (+3 in 5000m)
                Derek Clayton (Mar) 34
                Herb Elliott (1500m/Mile) 30 (+10 in 800m)
                Simon Baker (50KW) 29
                John Landy (1500m/Mile) 28 (+7 in 5000m)
                Gary Honey (LJ) 28
                Steve Moneghetti (Mar) 28
                Tim Forsyth (HJ) 28

                Dmitri Markov should have picked a few more points and made this list with his 2003-4 efforts (he was on 20 by 2002).
                And Nathan Deakes might have gone close too (he was on 5 in 50k and 10 in 20k by 2002, and certainly scored a #1 in 2007).

                I'd have to go through old issues of TFN to work out how many points Hooker has accumulated...

                And to answer your second question, the WC selectors are supposed to be meeting tomorrow (July 21). Presumably we'll hear an announcement not much later...

                Comment


                • Nice interview with LJ find Mitchell Watt:

                  http://www.runnerstribe.com/wattjuly2009.php

                  Comment


                  • Benita Johnson is on the entry-list for the 5000m at Crystal Palace, which will be her first major track race of the year.

                    What's happened to Eloise Wellings, out of interest? More injuries?
                    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

                    Comment


                    • Strong series for Watt in Rethymno with another PB.

                      8.24 +1.4
                      X
                      7.95 +1
                      8.43 +2
                      -
                      -

                      Comment


                      • Fantastic result for Watt (especially the experience of winning).

                        Moves to #2 on Aussie all-time list:

                        8.49 +0.6 Jai Taurima Sydney 28 Sep 00
                        8.42 +2.0 Mitchell Watt 09
                        8.35 +1.3 Fabrice Lapierre 09
                        8.30 +1.1 Peter Burge Melbourne 2 Mar 00
                        8.29 +0.8 Fabrice Lapierre N 171083 1 Brisbane 21 Mar 09
                        8.27 +1.2 Gary Honey Budapest,Hungary 20 Aug 84
                        8.24 +1.9 Shane Hair Seville,Spain 28 Aug 99

                        Just as importantly, that jump ranks him #5 on world list this year

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nevetsllim
                          Benita Johnson is on the entry-list for the 5000m at Crystal Palace, which will be her first major track race of the year.
                          Not sure if you'd consider the Belgium B-circuit "major", but she ran awfully in Liege (15:58).

                          Comment


                          • Back on the rankings questions, Steve Hooker's form thus far is:

                            2005 10th
                            2006 1st
                            2007 5th
                            2008 2nd

                            So 26 points, with hopefully many more to come...

                            Comment


                            • Pittman may be out of Berlin because of a back injury, her trainer confirmed today. They are going to see how things go over the next couple of days and make a decision as soon as they can....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Matt
                                Pittman may be out of Berlin because of a back injury, her trainer confirmed today. They are going to see how things go over the next couple of days and make a decision as soon as they can....
                                More on Pittman/Rawlinson's latest infliction:

                                http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/raw ... 07009.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X