Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Athletics OZ site appears to be down whenever I try (last three days) does anyone know whether Scotty martin made the team..
    " we all overtrain" Pat Casey to George Frenn

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Gibbs
      As Athletics OZ site appears to be down whenever I try (last three days) does anyone know whether Scotty martin made the team..
      Still no announcement of team that I can see.

You clicking on right link to AA site?

http://www.athletics.com.au/

Comment

• Scott is in as is Ryan Gregson and a few other changes..

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... -dvr7.html

Comment

• Shawn Forrest was a bit unlucky (and/or Ben St Lawrence)

I presume/hope it's a typo that Tamwysn Lewis is not listed for 400m flat (given she's still there for the hurdles and relay)

Comment

• That is a pretty big throwing team again, hope we get into at least as many finals as last year..feel sorry for the shotputters, that is going to be tough..

Comment

• Shawn Forrest WAS a bit unlucky but there are plenty of others this year who have been lucky considering recent selection decisions. Some of them are really fortunate still be to on the list, given recent form.

Shame they couldn't have added one or two more women to field a 4x100 team - for experience at least - since three of the probable squad are already in the Berlin team. The women's team seems to be shrinking every year and a bit of encouragement wouldn't hurt.

If the men's 4x1 team has been concentrating on relay changes etc, you certainly couldn't see it in last night's race in London. I reckon I'd be considering Lapierre or Watt for the last leg too..

Still, even though we're missing Pittman, Deakes, Mottram - amongst others - with a bit of luck, the team could well pick up a record medal tally in Berlin.

Comment

• Some weekend results of note:

Jeff Riseley ran another PB - and #2 all-time, this time over rarely run 1000m in Stockholm:
                2:17.35 puts him behind Grant Cremer's 2.16.61, but ahead of Hillardt, Scammell & Doyle

Lachlan Renshaw won in Germany (Leverkusen) in PB of 1:45.73 (also passing Hillardt and Scammell to hit #12 on Aussie all-time list).

Justin Anlezark has hit some form again, throwing 20.39 in Wattenscheid.

Comment

• Essie Essie Essie Aaiii Aaii Aaii......

please tell me that is not a Seth Efrikan on the Australian on the website,,,,,

http://www.athletics.com.au/

Comment

• Great work from HJer Petrina Price to set PB at Cottbus and secure her spot for Berlin (she'd been told she need a B-qual to make final team)...

did that by 3 cms and become #5 Aussie all-time at 1.94m.

Looks like it's highest jump from an Aussie woman since Alison Inverarity went 1.98 back in 1994!

And a 1cm PB from Price who first jumped 1.93 back in 2003 as a 19 year old (and 1.90 at 17), and picked up WY and WJ medals...

Comment

• Nice piece on Dani Samuels:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/samuel ... 57120.html

Comment

• Aussie take on prospects:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/tea ... ntentSwap1

Comment

• This Aussie coverage is so insulting. First session was fantastic as they just took British feed. The second session was much worse off for the studio inserts from Bumbling Basheer. And to then just shut it down with 3 rounds to go in SP final (and also Hep 200) to go is just insulting. Its 5am for chrissake!! Not exactly going to rate any worse...

Why waste any money on sending Simpkins over there when the British coverage does the job anyway???

Comment

• Originally posted by AS
                            This Aussie coverage is so insulting. First session was fantastic as they just took British feed. The second session was much worse off for the studio inserts from Bumbling Basheer. And to then just shut it down with 3 rounds to go in SP final (and also Hep 200) to go is just insulting. Its 5am for chrissake!! Not exactly going to rate any worse...

Why waste any money on sending Simpkins over there when the British coverage does the job anyway???
                            Haha - totally agree - just send feedback email to SBS complaining about this morning's 'highlights' (ha!) package where nothing was said at all by Simkin about the DQs of Riseley (now overturned) and Cole. Perhaps she still hasn't heard... :roll:

SBS must stand for 'someone's bonking Simkin' as there is no other way she would get this gig..

and if Basheer has to play a part, he should definitely be heard and not seen....

Comment

• Finally we're getting some Aussie finalists at this champs:

Samuel & McLellan... both medal chances too...

Comment

• A special congrats to all who have helped Danni..

I believe Wilkins came out two years ago to help here, what a great investment, and SBT being brought out was great. Who would think they would bring out throwers, three of who made a worlds final this year.
                                Congrats to all big and small..

Comment

Working...
                                X