X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never mind. I found them.

261 27:22.54 Luke Kipkosgei KEN 27.11.75 1 Melbourne 05.12.1998

279 31:23.27 Yukiko Akaba JPN 18.10.79 1r2 Yokohama 23.12.2007

Exceptional performances, nevertheless, especially in lousy weather. If it hadn't been raining, they would have broken 28:00/32:00 easy.

Comment

• I am sad to see Sally injured and out of the hurdles, in my eyes she'd be one of the favourites for gold considering the high value that Australia places on the Comm Games and that its closer to our time zone and climate - Queensland anyway.

There is another part of me that's curious to see what she could do over the 200m. If she could get back to teh 22.6w she ran last year, she could be on for a medal at Comm Games in that event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedster
        I am sad to see Sally injured and out of the hurdles.
        Only for the domestic season hopefully.

Meanwhile in another surprise, John Steffensen makes a couple of outrageous statements...

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/athletic ... -kpp8.html

Comment

• Originally posted by AS
          Men's SP
          1 Dale Stevenson 19.23m A (PR by 54cm, now #6 alll-time Aussie)
          I think he did something around 19.60 the week before

Comment

• Sally McLellan was back on the track last weekend in Brisbane. She won the 300m in 38.

She will be competing in flat races during the domestic season.

Comment

• Mel Breen ran 11.22w in Canberra at the weekend. She ran her 11.31 wind legal PB there in 2008.

Comment

• Nobody has mentioned it on this thread and I haven't seen it on the AA site, so just in case people aren't up to speed on the latest Jana drama, she has reunited with husband Chris Rawlinson and left Coach Craig at the AIS to move to the Gold Coast to be coached by Chris.

According to Sunday Tele, recent CR girlfriend (like at the time of reuniting) expressed surprise as she knew nothing about it (d uh)and she would have to end it. Too late for you dear was my thought but hey, if she thinks it's up to her to take action to finish things, you just go girl and get it done.....

Comment

Mel Breen ran 11.22w in Canberra at the weekend. She ran her 11.31 wind legal PB there in 2008.
                  How windy?

Comment

• Originally posted by AS
                    Originally posted by Speedster
                    Mel Breen ran 11.22w in Canberra at the weekend. She ran her 11.31 wind legal PB there in 2008.
                    How windy?
                    3.1+ and also ran a 11.46 with a legal +1.5.

Comment

• I miss Jana.

I live in the Hills and it was always fun spotting Jana, in recent years pushing the stroller.

You would always do a double take because of her height and physique, ..not your usual mum..
                      " we all overtrain" Pat Casey to George Frenn

Comment

• The latest thrilling installment of "Romantic Hurdles"

Jana and Chris Rawlinson will re-marry as soon as their divorce is finalised..

Rawlinson begged Chris for a second chance after discovering he had started seeing another woman following the end of their marriage.

"I knew instantly I was about to lose my husband forever, and I'd already worked out I didn't want that,"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 5814004870

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort
                          Jana and Chris Rawlinson will re-marry as soon as their divorce is finalised.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 5814004870
                          Wouldn't it be easier just not to go through with the divorce? :roll:

Comment

Its interesting that Melissa only ever runs fast in Canberra and that all of her PB's are ran there. Wasnt Sally's 22.61 ran there also? Altitude/Fast track much?

Comment

• Canberra probably has one of the fastest tracks in Australia and consistently produces quick times, particularly in the sprints and hurdles. Its can be quite warm in December and has an altitude of around 700m above sea level.

Comment

• Current track is at 624m according to the online map I used a while back.

Comment

Working...
                                X