Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezing cold and windy? Ha!! Not even close - a balmy 14C

maybe a BARMY 14 degrees,,,,, it's been freeezing in Canberra for probably the last two months - it usually IS from Easter to Melbourne Cup..

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort
      maybe a BARMY 14 degrees,,,,, it's been freeezing in Canberra for probably the last two months - it usually IS from Easter to Melbourne Cup..
      I will admit that -6C last night was a bit chilly but this was the first negative this year and first time I had any ice on my windscreen and compared to my first year here in '99 when it happened on 11 April, it has been, indeed, balmy.

Still, it's a bit different to where I grew up, where 20C overnight was the harbinger of mid winter.....

Comment

• Buckman bows out in semis of 800m - 2:04.68 for 12th. Seasons best, but not form she would have hoped for at start of season (when TFN was tipping her to win).

Nice interview from late March with her:

http://www.athletics-gold.com/?p=759

Comment

• Another huge PR from Ryan Foster to make 800m final - 1:46.78

Only 0.18 outside WC B qualifier...

Fastest Aussie performance this year

Only 3 Aussies have gone faster since 2002:

1.45.79 Lachlan Renshaw 2008
          1.45.82 Kris McCarthy 2002
          1.46.35 Jeff Riseley 2007

Wow, this is a surprisingly weak event for Australia in recent times.

#27 all-time Aussie

Comment

• Gibney gets through 1500m heats in 3:41.70(#7 fastest)

Comment

• Silver for Forrest. Wonder if he'll go off in search of a race to chase WC A-Qualifier now?

Comment

• Originally posted by AS
                Silver for Forrest. Wonder if he'll go off in search of a race to chase WC A-Qualifier now?
                there is a track 10k in utrecht on sunday which would be perfect to get pulled to an A standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by doug091463
                  Originally posted by AS
                  Silver for Forrest. Wonder if he'll go off in search of a race to chase WC A-Qualifier now?
                  there is a track 10k in utrecht on sunday which would be perfect to get pulled to an A standard.
                  I'd be pretty stunned if he didn't hang around to see the end of this meet. Do you think there'd be (a) a direct flight from Oregon to the Netherlands that'd get him their by Sunday? and (b) that he'd be adequately recovered by then?

Any big US/Canada invitationals still to come?

Comment

• 64;97 SB for Benn Harradine in Lugano might be enough to force his way into the team

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort
                      Horrible irony on the AA site:

a) in one story, Aussie reps including Kurt Mulcahy are addressing the World Youth team and motivating them to do well

b) in the next story, Mulcahy withdraws from WSG team and will now concentrate on rugby union.. :cry:
                      Local rag had story yesterday about his first game.
                      Originally posted by Kurt Mulcahy
                      To be honest, I don't see myself staying in athletics for another 10 years. It takes time to get skills back, probably at least a year, and it was better to make the transition back sooner rather than later.

I really like the team environment and I think down the track the individual sport will have taught me a lot of lessons in self motivation.
                      Mulcahy was selected in the schoolboys league team in 2004 but plans to play union because it suits him as it is a "more open game." He scored 2 points in the game.

Comment

• Good job there's no serious rugby or AFL for the women - though netball is bad enough...

PBs at Gold Coast - courtesy http://www.insideathletics.com.au

200m McLellan 23.02 (-0.4)
                        400m Pape 52.68

Also

400H Thomas 49.38
                        LJ Watt 8.09 (+0.9)
                        LJ Noffke 7.96 (0.0)

Comment

• More Gold Coast action this weekend:

Sean Wroe 10.54 (0.0)
                          Patrick Johnson 10.71.

Sean Wrote 21.00 (0.2),
                          Matt Davies 21.29
                          Patrick Johnson 21.49

Sally McLellan (11.40 +0.0), 200m (23.30 +0.0) and 100m hurdles (12.92).

Mitchell Watt 8.12m (+0.0)
                          Chris Noffke 7.95m

At the AIS in Canberra Melissa Breen ran 11.85/11.95/24.91.

Comment

• Sunday at the Gold Coast (heavy rain)

Steinert 53.27
                            Pincott 53.57
                            Henry 53.59

Offereins 46.00
                            Thomas 46.22

PS - Hooker ready to fly high again, leaves this week to compete on the circuit including meets at Lausanne; Reims, France; London and Stockholm.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... -cto2.html

Comment

• 4:10.01 victory and PR from Kaila McKnight in Sweden last night...

moves her to #13 on Aussie all-time list...

Comment

• Jana Pittman-Rawlinson back on the track with 55.67 victory in Malaga today. Not a blistering time, but nonetheless good to see her back on the track and hopefully she'll chip away at that time over the next month or so.

AUS - PITTMAN-RAWLINSON Jana 09/09/1982 4 0.298 55.67
                                2 5 UKR - RABCHENYUK Anastasiya 14/09/1983 5 0.300 56.72
                                3 7 RSA - WIENAND Janet 15/05/1985 7 0.328 57.71
                                4 6 BUL - KIRILOVA Tsvetelina 14/07/1977 6 0.282 59.08

Comment

Working...
                                X