Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geb is wonderful, one of the sport's really nice guys, with a fantastic legacy. That's why it's so frustrating to me that he only seems to run time trials.

Comment

Originally posted by The Captain
      Geb is wonderful, one of the sport's really nice guys, with a fantastic legacy. That's why it's so frustrating to me that he only seems to run time trials.
      Obviously, at some point Geb will need to hang up the shoes. He has kept the motor running at the highest level for an unprecidented amount of time. He has done this by being selective in his racing. For most of his career he has targeted championship meets and resisted over racing which cost him appearance money.

At this stage is about making some money. As we all know, even at the highest level of this sport, pros make a fraction of what they make in other sports. He has all the competitive honors he needs. Why not go for the cash while his legs are still willing to cooperate?

His legacy is intact.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
        Originally posted by joeltetreault
        It will be interesting to see what Geb does for a fall marathon if Wanjiru is doing Berlin. Amsterdam again?
        Geb was quoted here saying he was going to do the Berlin Marathon again next year.
        Thanks for the link. What I read a few months before was that he was considering doing the World Champs instead or a different fall marathon. Of course if he does indeed race Wanjiru and others in Berlin, no doubt that will be one of the most exciting marathons of the year.

Comment

Another good article on Geb (from the timesonline):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 542399.ece

Comment

worth considering that logic dictates you can't bank on winning an og M in temperate climes ( '12 ) dependent on best endurance ( because temperate climes don't hurt enough to smash up fields ) at 39y ( far too ole for sprint in sprint either )

when he gave up peking, he kissed away '12 with it

it's money now...

Comment

Guess Wanjiru vs. Geb in Berlin is on! Hopefully both make it to the start line.

(from the front page)
              http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletic ... index.html

Comment

Originally posted by joeltetreault
                Guess Wanjiru vs. Geb in Berlin is on! Hopefully both make it to the start line.

(from the front page)
                http://www.nation.co.ke/sports/athletic ... index.html
                woop woop
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                X