Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kuha
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Maybe if we DON'T tout him as the the Second Coming of Alan Webb, he'll have a chance!
    Exactly! This kid is the real deal. Let's hope he continues to develop at a nice, steady pace....
    He does have a history of injuries so I will enjoy what he accomplishes now with no great expectations of future improvements. If they come, fantastic! If not, well, that is the way things work sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
      Indoors? I have no idea. Not that close to the outdoor records, but not bad (WJR is 3:50.25 by Alex Kipchirchir in 2003. AJR is 3:51.3 by Jim Ryun in 1966).
      Statistician Marty Post pointed out to me that Boaz Lalang's 3:58.34 from the 2008 Tyson Invitational was the fastest-ever indoor mile by a junior. Born 08-Feb-1989, he was 19 at the time and he doesn't turn 20 until Feb. 8 this year.

David Monti, Race Results Weekly

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
        I tracked down the splits of that CA HS State Meet double:

4:00.29 (for that bastard 1600)

8:34.23 (ditto bastard 3200)

Still haven't deleted that broadcast from my TiVo . . .
        A nice turn of phrase in today's eTN newsletter:

Originally posted by eTN no. 66
        Fernandez’s previous best was 4:01.69 (a conversion from 4:00.29 from the bastard 1600) to win the Cal State title last year.

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]A nice turn of phrase in today's eTN newsletter:

Originally posted by "eTN no. 66":n6c2o37b
          bastard 1600
          [/quote:n6c2o37b]
          And yet, despite all the mewling and posturing of the sport's greatest mind and its greatest magazine, it's STILL the 1600! :P

Comment

[quote=Marlow][quote=bad hammy]A nice turn of phrase in today's eTN newsletter:

[quote="eTN no. 66":3bcdjeux][b]bastard 1600[/b][/quote][/quote]
            And yet, despite all the mewling and posturing of the sport's greatest mind and its greatest magazine, it's [b][u][i]STILL[/i][/u][/b] the 1600! :P[/quote:3bcdjeux]
            You seem to take pleasure in that. Where did this guy go??

[quote=Marlow]I've been giving this a lot of thought. I think 'fizbin' is right. The 1600 and 3200 are pathetic half-breeds - neither fish nor fowl. I hope the NFHS looks into this matter! Thanks for bringing this up, fizbin, whoever and wherever you are![/quote]
            [url="http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=510845#510845"]http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... 845#510845[/url]

Comment

[quote=bad hammy][quote=Marlow]
              Originally posted by "bad hammy":3lveicw0
              A nice turn of phrase in today's eTN newsletter:
              Originally posted by "eTN no. 66":3lveicw0
              bastard 1600
              And yet, despite all the mewling and posturing of the sport's greatest mind and its greatest magazine, it's STILL the 1600! :P[/quote:3lveicw0]
              You seem to take pleasure in that. Where did this guy go??
              Originally posted by Marlow
              I've been giving this a lot of thought. I think 'fizbin' is right. The 1600 and 3200 are pathetic half-breeds - neither fish nor fowl. I hope the NFHS looks into this matter! Thanks for bringing this up, fizbin, whoever and wherever you are!
              [/quote:3lveicw0]

Pleasure? Moi? That face is me derisively jeering those lame-brains at NFHS that won't listen to you!!!! :evil:

Comment

Working...
              X