Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasay to Oregon

Word came down from my sources in Seattle that Jordan Hasay is going to be a Duck. She visited UW last weekend and made the decision Sunday to attend Oregon next fall.

Arrrrggghhhh! Say it ain't so, Jo.

Comment

Hasay was quoted on Monday as saying the pick will be "surprising", and I'm not sure Oregon would fall into that category. Arizona or ASU would.

Guess we'll see at 2:00 PST.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

is she doing the junior xc meet in maryland on saturday??

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
          is she doing the junior xc meet in maryland on saturday??
          Not currently on the entry list: http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAXCC ... Junior.asp

Comment

Live video of the announcement starts just before 2pm PST.

Story: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local ... 09360.html

Video link: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/598/

Comment

I have absolutely zero inside info, but I'm guessing Arizona State because of the SLO connection. For selfish reasons I hope she picks Stanford, so I'd be able to see her compete more often.

Comment

Originally posted by dl
                I have absolutely zero inside info, but I'm guessing Arizona State because of the SLO connection. For selfish reasons I hope she picks Stanford, so I'd be able to see her compete more often.
                ASU seems the best surmise from the 'facts' cited here (e.g., surprising). I suspect that she thinks that by going home in the summer she can avoid the worst of the heat (or go to NAU-area).

Comment

For her to get such special treatment can only mean one thing: more nefarious plotting by Stephanie Hightower, so I guess she's going to Ohio State.

Comment

Re: Hasay to Oregon

Originally posted by westcoasttiger
                    Word came down from my sources in Seattle that Jordan Hasay is going to be a Duck. She visited UW last weekend and made the decision Sunday to attend Oregon next fall.
                    They asked, and she answered. The people at Hayward Field during the Olympic Trals got their wish. I'd say 3 reasons sealed the deal for her: The academic program, the coach, and Galen Rupp's peformances since joining the Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      For her to get such special treatment can only mean one thing: more nefarious plotting by Stephanie Hightower, so I guess she's going to Ohio State.
                      You're REALLY stretching for that one.
                      There are no strings on me

Comment

ah, it's THE ohio state...

and given jesse owens was a buckeye, you could make worse selections...

too bad hasey isn't doing the xc, weather looks good...high around 50, although next 2 days would scare a warm weather runner...

notice fernandez is doing the junior race...

looking forward to seeing him, and him going the world xc meet against the ethiopians and kenyans..

would have liked to see hasey too...

put my money on neely spence..

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                          I'd say 3 reasons sealed the deal for her: The academic program, the coach, and Galen Rupp's peformances since joining the Ducks.
                          I'd buy off on number two, but one and three are a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                            Originally posted by CookyMonzta
                            I'd say 3 reasons sealed the deal for her: The academic program, the coach, and Galen Rupp's peformances since joining the Ducks.
                            I'd buy off on number two, but one and three are a stretch.
                            If it IS Oregon, I'd say "The Chant" and the 4:14 have something to do with it.

Comment

It's official now... she just said it. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                              X