Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like college track and field statistics?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK we got the college calendars cleaned up and ready to go, I just have to keep adding more meets:

College Indoor 2009: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/M ... R=2001&A=1

College Outdoor 2009: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/M ... R=2001&A=1

Comment

Great work!!

Comment

Polevaultpower,
        Great, great, great! I had seen this post earlier and was too busy to browse the site. Now that I have .... wow! It's just been saved and stored at the top of my bookmarks list.
        Cheers

Comment

One word : Impressive

One issue that bothers me is that most college T&F websites do not ist school records.
          Most conference T&F websites do not list conference records. Anyone know where I can find such data ?

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze7

One issue that bothers me is that most college T&F websites do not ist school records.
            Most conference T&F websites do not list conference records. Anyone know where I can find such data ?
            I've generally been able to find school records on a given university's website--Kentucky, Louisville, Colorado, North Carolina, Duke, Furman, Western KY, Murray St., East Tennessee ST. quickly come to mind--but they're often hard to find. There usually is not an obvious tab on the school's T&F page. Sometimes it's under "history", often in the T&F media guide.

Comment

Originally posted by kamikaze7

Many conferences don't keep records. You'd be surprised how many colleges don't even have a good tab on their school records.

If it's not listed online you'd have to contact the school or conference.

Comment

I have preliminary 2010 College Track & Field Schedules posted on athletic.net as a big master list.

Indoor 2010: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/M ... R=2001&A=1
                Outdoor 2010: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/M ... R=2001&A=1

Lots of schools don't have their calendars posted yet. Feel free to let me know of any meets that are missing that have info posted online. I will be updating the list throughout the fall/winter.

During the season, all of the results get entered in the database. You can see the 2009 stats here: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/College/

I hope that some post-collegiate or redshirting athletes find this helpful, it's a good starting point for locating meets in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                  I have preliminary 2010 College Track & Field Schedules posted on athletic.net as a big master list.

Indoor 2010: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/M ... R=2001&A=1
                  Oh gaaaaawwwwwd - the indoor season is still 2 months away!

Thursday, December 03, 2009 Lynchburg VA Liberty Kickoff
                  [rolling winking smirking eyes!]

Comment

Since I don't have a visual representation of what you are saying, I am completely lost :cry:

Comment

class years

Where do we send corrections (ie. class years)?

Comment

Re: class years

Originally posted by bushop
                        Where do we send corrections (ie. class years)?
                        Coaches/SIDs can sign up for a free coaches account and fix it themselves, but you can also email me [email protected] and I will take care of it.

The grades get extracted from the meet results, so if they're listed incorrectly in the first meet of the year, they stay wrong until someone goes in and changes it.

Comment

Re: Do you like college track and field statistics?

Hmmm, I love statistics so this kind of site is my wet dream.

Since I coach on the middle school level I took a look at the statistics and man are you missing out on Florida. The best times are run by middle schoolers are here in Florida. you might wanna try FLrunners.com for results......

But it's as great site.........good work.

Comment

Re: Do you like college track and field statistics?

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                            Hmmm, I love statistics so this kind of site is my wet dream.

Since I coach on the middle school level I took a look at the statistics and man are you missing out on Florida. The best times are run by middle schoolers are here in Florida. you might wanna try FLrunners.com for results......

But it's as great site.........good work.
                            I'm only really involved with the college stuff on athletic.net. I don't think anyone there is trying to compile nationwide middle school rankings, that would be almost impossible since so few results at that level are posted online. The site is really geared for coaches to be doing the data entry, I just happen to have a compulsive desire to do the college stuff (college coaches still have full control over their data if they sign up).

There are a lot of great features on athletic.net that make it appealing to middle school coaches, like school records, tracking an athlete's stats, the ability to link an athlete's middle school stats to their high school stats, completely free meet registration, and the ability to embed your data on other sites.

Comment

Working...
                            X