Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March T&FN Cover ['09 thread bumped]

Question: which other high schoolers have been the lone subject of a T&FN cover?

Edit: this is not a trivia question to which I have the answer. I am just curious.
    Last edited by gh; 03-09-2016, 08:22 PM.

Going from memory only.

Lindgren after his indoor 8:40 2 mile, probably Feb 04 Holding a trophy as big as he was.

Lindgren, Ryun, & Paul Wilson probably Jun 04 Not positive on this one.

Both of these were before picture only on cover.

Comment

By the subject, I guess that the issue has been sent. As of a couple minutes ago, no picture on the home page. I'll probably get mine .... in about March

Comment

Re: March T&FN Cover

Originally posted by bad hammy
        Question: which other high schoolers have been the lone subject of a T&FN cover?

Edit: this is not a trivia question to which I have the answer. I am just curious.
        This is a trivia question that I believe has been posed and answered several times in the past.... now if you can only figure out how to make the search engine work in your favor!

Comment

Add also:

Obea Moore (1/97)
          Alan Webb (3/01 and 8/01; also 1/2002, in his HS uniform, but when already in college)
          Angela Williams (4/98)

Comment

Originally posted by mike renfro
            By the subject, I guess that the issue has been sent. As of a couple minutes ago, no picture on the home page. I'll probably get mine .... in about March
            Got it today - one of my faves of every year - the 'Super Preview' issue.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
              Add also:

Obea Moore (1/97)
              Alan Webb (3/01 and 8/01; also 1/2002, in his HS uniform, but when already in college)
              Angela Williams (4/98)
              There's at least one more, but I think that's all, off the top of my head.

Comment

If Usain Bolt was not in high school when he first appeared on the cover, he should have been.

Comment

Basically speaking, any time the terms "high school" is used in the T&FN sense it refers to U.S. high schoolers only.

Comment

Okay, then Monique Henderson.

Comment

michael carter the shotputter, i think it was in 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
                        That's the one I remember too.

Comment

OK, I cheated a bit, but I thought there was a HSer on the cover for the world juniors. I was banging my head trying to remember the name, so I went to the cover archive. As I was looking through past covers, I remembered the name Hordge. A bit later I found the cover of him anchoring the world junior 4x1, I think. I think he was a HSer at that point. I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                            Originally posted by doug091463
                            That's the one I remember too.
                            no.... he was on that fall when he was enrolled at SMU, so he doesn't count.

Comment

Mary Decker ?

Comment

Working...
                              X