• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed gee
    Okay, then Monique Henderson.
    yes

Comment

Originally posted by berkeley
      Mary Decker ?
      No, she was out of high school before we ever had our first woman on the cover.

Comment

TFN started to cover women in ~'76, Mary's final year in high school (and injury filled).

Whatever happened to Jermaine Cooper?

Comment

Yes, Cooper is another correct answer.

Hopefully (for the sake of my memory) there's only one more correct answer left.

Comment

new cover now on home page by the way

Comment

a hint on the only other one I can remember: it's from the b&w era.

Comment

if hasey was from down south alabama, i doubt she makes the cover..

home town bias all the way..

say it ain't so, and you're bending the truth

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  Billy Gaines, indoors in 1967 (maybe '66?)

Comment

Re: March T&FN Cover

Originally posted by gh
                    Originally posted by bad hammy
                    Question: which other high schoolers have been the lone subject of a T&FN cover?

Edit: this is not a trivia question to which I have the answer. I am just curious.
                    This is a trivia question that I believe has been posed and answered several times in the past.... now if you can only figure out how to make the search engine work in your favor!
                    LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by az2004
                      if hasey was from down south alabama, i doubt she makes the cover..

home town bias all the way..

say it ain't so, and you're bending the truth

Without a doubt. Just ask Justin Gatlin about that (before he got busted).

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                        Originally posted by gh
                        To clarify we're talking the "cover" vs "page 1" which is what, technically speaking, the front of T&FN was in the pre-full photo era, which begins (other than a few Annual Editions) with 1968.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by dj
                          Originally posted by gh
                          To clarify we're talking the "cover" vs "page 1" which is what, technically speaking, the front of T&FN was in the pre-full photo era, which begins (other than a few Annual Editions) with 1968.
                          Oh yes! SW SP.

Comment

You're being coy, dj, but I think I remember the name... Sam Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
                              OK, I cheated a bit, but I thought there was a HSer on the cover for the world juniors. I was banging my head trying to remember the name, so I went to the cover archive. As I was looking through past covers, I remembered the name Hordge. A bit later I found the cover of him anchoring the world junior 4x1, I think. I think he was a HSer at that point. I may be wrong.
                              Yes, Texan Willie Hordge at the '02 World Junior. Not in a HS uni, but since he was just an 11th-grader, no doubt as to what he was.

Comment

Originally posted by LongTimeSubscriber
                                Going from memory only.

Lindgren after his indoor 8:40 2 mile, probably Feb 04 Holding a trophy as big as he was.

Lindgren, Ryun, & Paul Wilson probably Jun 04 Not positive on this one.

Both of these were before picture only on cover.
                                Lindgren and Ryun were were both on p. 1 (as opposed to "cover") as preps twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X