• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all just don't get it.......!

Horrible federation management
    Sorry race times

and the big one....
    a track community who's elitist and stuck with the same old ideas of the past....

Those are the reasons why professional T&F gets no love in the American media. Look at the people in the mirror. Peace!

Re: Y'all just don't get it.......!

I'm all in favor of resurrecting T&F in the usa.

It appears to me, everyting is driven by the marquee names.

Those are the ones the media knows about.

I'd be more than happy if they'd appreciate some one like Gaitlin, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'd agree a REVOLUTION is needed. And it needs to have a leader.

Some charismatic young athlete needs to capture the minds of Americans and revive USA track and field...

I guess this should be an ad...any and all candidates please apply...

otherwise t&f will die here....or become a trivial pursuit by the eclectic few.

Comment

There is no question that our sport--and TFN--is cursed with some old-line thinking. I am curious as to hearing some specific examples form you and others as to what kind of "same old ideas of the past" are actually hurting the sport.

Comment

"a track community who's elitist and stuck with the same old ideas of the past...."

If you have any better ideas, bring them on! From my perspective, the "track community" represented on this board has FAR more dedication to the sport than any other facet of American society. From where, exactly, will your saviour come?

Comment

Just one thing:

When the Olympics come, don't always cringe at those human interest interviews. It's the best way for people to know who these athletes are, and how they got to the Olympic stage.

Comment

Be careful what you wish for---you may get it!

Comment

LAST week I SAID tv coverage would improve.Not one of youagreed. what do you think now"? Too bad super DUCK aka T. SKIPPER DIDNT fly to NY!

Comment

"Look at the people in the mirror."

I'm fine, thanks for asking. Do we have problems? Yes. Are they unsolvable? No. Does griping about them solve them? No. Do we need fresh blood at the top? Yes? Do we need innovation? Yes.

So, what specific solutions do you propose?

Comment

Working...
                X