Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Olympic poll

Today's Chicago Tribune has a poll out how a majority of Chicagoans are in favor of the 2016 Olympics coming to town, but 75 percent do not want any taxpayer money going for it. Of course, Daley goes on lying about how private money will cover all of it. But as John Kass writes today:

"These days, corruption is important again, since the former governor, Mr. Dead Meat, (a,k.a. Blago) got busted for trying to sell President Obama's Senate seat. But when will we realize that the governor of Illinois—no matter who sits in the chair—is just a measly nose hair compared to the boss of Chicago?

And if it's not outright corruption, it's incredible arrogance born of absolute political power with no dissent."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/colu ... 764.column

The timing couldn't be any worse. Given our current economic death-spiral, I presume that paying taxes in the next few years for the Oympics has to rank very low for just about anyone there...

Comment

Maybe they can just have a low-budget "all-comers" meet, where KB and JW and UB etc. just show up, pay $1 for each event they want to run, they write down the entries on a clipboard and give a pat on the back to the winners....

Comment

Obama makes a pitch to the IOC: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... o-the-ioc/

Comment

The IOC crowd, ie. Guy Drut, etc. is leaving Chicago today after having a wonderful time here. Besides meeting Oprah, and being town while the city is aswoon with prospect of a real quarterback for the Bears, it also snow 5 inches.

I lay even money Chicago gets the Olympics.

Comment

Is that the same thing as laying even money that they don't get it?

Comment

i will be sooooooooo pissed off if chicago get it :twisted:

it has to be RIo
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by nmzoo
                Is that the same thing as laying even money that they don't get it?
                Considering that there are 4 cities that is not bad odds.

Comment

Working...
                X