Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooker question

Not sure how to chase this stat up, so I hope to draw upon your collective memories:

When was the last time (if ever) a vaulter has cleared 6m in consecutive competions?

Bubka 6.01m on 1993-02-06 in Grenoble, followed by 6.14m in Liévin on 1993-02-13, and lastly with the still-standing 6.15m eight days later in Donetsk.

Comment

AS
      Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:30 pm
      Not sure how to chase this stat up, so I hope to draw upon your collective memories: When was the last time (if ever) a vaulter has cleared 6m in consecutive competions?

EPelle
      Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:35 pm
      Bubka 6.01m on 1993-02-06 in Grenoble, followed by 6.14m in Liévin on 1993-02-13, and lastly with the still-standing 6.15m eight days later in Donetsk.

You da man, EPelle!

Comment

No, unfortunately. Bubka jumped over 6.00m on his first two 1994 comps: Clermont-Ferrand 28 Jan (6.00m) and Grenoble 6 Feb (6.05m)

Comment

Thanks for the super-prompt reply epelle. Cheers.

Comment

What about Hartwig in 2002?
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
              What about Hartwig in 2002?
              Good call, IAAF lists would seem to support your call:

6.02 Jeff Hartwig 1 Sindelfingen 10/03/2002
              6.01 Jeff Hartwig 1 Bad Oeynhausen 08/03/2002

Comment

I opened this thread thinking you might be asking some other kind of hooker question . . .

Comment

Yeah, my first reaction to the subject line was "when's the last time you had a blood test?"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Yeah, my first reaction to the subject line was "when's the last time you had a blood test?"
                    Was almost lost on me for a sec, but then kapow :lol: . At first I thought the reply refered to the OP's message body and was thinking he cant surely be insinuating that [~there's another forum for that :roll: ].
                    If it was meant to trap like that, or feint at a double meaning it was genius!

Comment

Was Boston the first time the men's and women's world records in the pole vault were attempted in the same meet?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
                        Was Boston the first time the men's and women's world records in the pole vault were attempted in the same meet?
                        2001 IAAF Outdoor WC's comes to mind (though not on the same day).

edit: or was it 610 that markov attempted, I don't remember. I definately remember SD and SF going after a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by skyin' brian
                          Originally posted by polevaultpower
                          2001 IAAF Outdoor WC's comes to mind (though not on the same day).

edit: or was it 610 that markov attempted, I don't remember. I definately remember SD and SF going after a WR.
                          Markov tried at 6.10 (http://www2.iaaf.org/WCH01/Results/data/M/PV/Rf.html)

Dragila and Feofanova attempted new WR (4.82): http://www2.iaaf.org/WCH01/Results/data/W/PV/Rf.html

Comment

Man, if he breaks Bubka's WR, I bet he'll be a Happy Hooker!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                              Man, if he breaks Bubka's WR, I bet he'll be a Happy Hooker!
                              With the WR bonus, he won't be a hooker any more - he'll move up to Call Boy!

Comment

Working...
                              X