• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting SEAT, Bercy

Will start in the next 30 minutes. Live results are being posted here:
    http://bases.athle.com/asp.net/liste.as ... ion=036129

Looks like it is being shown on the net too:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

it will be interesting to see how Teddy Tamgho gets on against the likes of Girat and Sands infront of his home crowd

Comment

6.64 from Christophe Lemaitre in the 60m heats. What's the French national junior record? That surely must come close...?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaican Sensation
        it will be interesting to see how Teddy Tamgho gets on against the likes of Girat and Sands infront of his home crowd
        17.58 first attempt! :shock:

Hooker cleared 6.00 again, this time without really good WR attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut

Hooker cleared 6.00 again, this time without really good WR attempts.
          Another 6 meter vault...in February. Awesome.

The guys on TV are always going on about how for Hooker , this is the heart of his season... Um, is that really true. I know it's dead of inverse August in Australia, but how much time is he down there? It would seem he'd train for the Golden League meets, not the Thursday afternoon all-comers in Brisbane...

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo

The guys on TV are always going on about how for Hooker , this is the heart of his season... Um, is that really true.
            yeah, i'm pretty confident none of the world class Aussies are peaking for their domestic season.

Comment

So what's the record for the most attempts at a WR without success in a season? Depending if you go by meets or attempts Hooker has 3/9 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                So what's the record for the most attempts at a WR without success in a season? Depending if you go by meets or attempts Hooker has 3/9 so far.
                He will have to compete in every meet from now on to catch Vlasic :twisted:

Comment

Followed up by a 17.45m in round three. I'd be interested to hear how far his three fouls were. This kid is the real deal.

Good to see Doucoure back, winning the 60m hurdles (7.53). The Brazilians also had a good night - Keila Costa winning the LJ (6.64m) and Jose Moreira winning the 60m with a big PB (6.52).

Comment

I'm in Paris I didn't realise this meeting was on today :twisted:
                    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Watching Serena, Elena et al. ?

Comment

misses camara's record by 1cm - a damn fine record

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                          Followed up by a 17.45m in round three. I'd be interested to hear how far his three fouls were. This kid is the real deal.

Good to see Doucoure back, winning the 60m hurdles (7.53). The Brazilians also had a good night - Keila Costa winning the LJ (6.64m) and Jose Moreira winning the 60m with a big PB (6.52).
                          Moreira's looked like a flyer, but they did have whatever that fancy false-start-spotting starting block equipment is called so it must have been 0.101 or something...

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
                            The guys on TV are always going on about how for Hooker , this is the heart of his season... Um, is that really true. I know it's dead of inverse August in Australia, but how much time is he down there? It would seem he'd train for the Golden League meets, not the Thursday afternoon all-comers in Brisbane...
                            In an event like the Vault, there might be just as much chance (more?) of setting a WR at a minor meet downunder, more likely in Perth, however...

....or even at the IAAF GP and Permit meets in Sydney and Melbourne against Lukyanenko and National Championships in Brisbane over the next few weeks.

PS - From this morning's "Melbourne Age":
                            The Australian's recent run is all the more remarkable considering his preparation. A fortnight before leaving the country, an accident put him on his back. Hurtling down the runway in Perth, he planted his pole and felt it snap. His knee is still badly bruised. Unable to train for the past month, he has pulled up sore after competing. "I try not to walk around too much and just keep icing it," he said.

It seems to be working.

The day he left for the US and Europe, Hooker said he would be happy to jump 5.8 metres. It would have been a solid hitout before the Australian season begins later this month. Yeah, right.

Bizarrely, the injury has helped. Before hurting his knee, Hooker had been working hard and was at peak fitness. A break from training has been like a forced taper; it has freshened him up.

"I knew if I was able to jump, I'd jump well, but my knee is still injured and I'm hardly training," he said. "I'm just trying to keep right so that I can compete on the weekends."

Comment

Working...
                            X