Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World indoor best for Isinbayeva in Donetsk - 5.00m!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World indoor best for Isinbayeva in Donetsk - 5.00m!

Not a bad season opener!
    http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=100/newsid=49333.html

She broke her indoor record TWICE--clearing 4.97 and then clearing 5.00.

She did the same thing when she first cleared 5.00 outdoors--the record had been 4.95 before the meet and she cleared 4.96 and then 5.00.

Comment

and this is her sixth straight year w/ WR in Donets'k... wow.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        She broke her indoor record TWICE--clearing 4.97 and then clearing 5.00.

She did the same thing when she first cleared 5.00 outdoors--the record had been 4.95 before the meet and she cleared 4.96 and then 5.00.
        There she goes........wasting those WR bucks. The capitalist way...break the record, grab the cash and quit. Come back next week and get more cash.

Comment

what's she playing at ???

what happened to get 4.96, shut up shop collect $10,000s cheque, wait for it to clear & then next meet get 4.97, collect $10,000s cheque, etc

going to 5.00 has just cost her

~ 4 * 10,000s, easily $50k & maybe even nearer $100k

is she going mad ???

Comment

Maybe she doesn't want to leave room for Jen to break into the WR progression.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
              what's she playing at ???

what happened to get 4.96, shut up shop collect $10,000s cheque, wait for it to clear & then next meet get 4.97, collect $10,000s cheque, etc

going to 5.00 has just cost her

~ 4 * 10,000s, easily $50k & maybe even nearer $100k

is she going mad ???
              I am not so sure that breaking the iWR has quite the same payday when the outdoor WR is far superior.

Comment

I wouldn't want to speculate on what her contract provides for any kind of records. Given who she is and what she's done, additional records may not have much of an impact on her financial well being.

Comment

Fabiana Murer was second with a big new AR of 4.81.
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

i find it hard to believe the german meets/valencia/lievin/etc woudn't pay at least $5 - 10k for each WR

Comment

Donetsk may be different.

Comment

Steve Hooker couldn't quite make it four six-metre meets in a row, but he won with 5.92m.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon
                          Steve Hooker couldn't quite make it four six-metre meets in a row, but he won with 5.92m.
                          And attempted 6.16 again...

Comment

she coud have jumped 4.96/4.97/4.98/4.99/5.00 at different euro meets & instead jumps 4.97 & 5.00 at donetsk for which presumably she will get only the 1 payment ?

is 1 donetsk payment = 5 payments from euro meets ?

Comment

Originally posted by skyin' brian
                              Maybe she doesn't want to leave room for Jen to break into the WR progression.
                              My thoughts.

Jenn had some good attempts at the WR in Boston. Isinbayeva has so much money right now she doesn't know what to do with it all.

I am a little surprised because she has made a big deal about wanting to break Bubka's record for the most records, but I think she likes feeling like she out of everyone's reach. It really bothered her last year that everyone talked about Jenn catching up to her this year, and she knew that the iWR was soft and within Jenn's reach. I think 5 meters is within Jenn's reach as well, but it's a bigger barrier psychologically.

Or maybe Bubka just slipped her a lot of cash to do 5 meters at his meet *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                              X