Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NCAA men's 4x400 relays

Don't know about you but I think we will see some of the best collegiate relay races in a long time. Even though I am a Baylor relay fan, I'm looking forward to seeing USC, Georgia, Florida, Florida St. and others hooking up. With schools other than Baylor getting a shot at the young hot-shots, it should really be exciting. What other schools other than the ones I mentioned will be/might be in the mix? I just can't wait! The track is gonna be smokin'.

Baylor opted for TAMU over Tyson this week, which probably contributed to the loss of luster for Tyson this year.
    I noted Bayor 400 men placed 3-6-14-17-21-25. Not very Baylorlike. There may indeed be a chink in Baylor's long dominance of the 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      Baylor opted for TAMU over Tyson this week, which probably contributed to the loss of luster for Tyson this year.
      I noted Bayor 400 men placed 3-6-14-17-21-25. Not very Baylorlike. There may indeed be a chink in Baylor's long dominance of the 4x4.
      Really? Where would that chink be? Baylor just ran 3:06.67 without Betters. Georgia ran 3:07.9 at pretty much full strength.

Some of the open 400s were run Friday and some on Saturday and the results were combined for final placing off time. There was no prelims...finals by time only.

Of the places you listed, realize that 3rd is really 2nd. Kelly Willie is a pro so Marcus Boyd, who won his heat, finished 2nd overall amongst college runners and wasn't even in the same heat with the eventual winner. He literally finished a full half second ahead of the person who took 2nd in his heat.

Your 6th is really 5th...he finished 3rd in the fastest heat. 14th (Actually 13th) won his heat by almost half a second as well. 25th (24th) won his heat and 17th (16th) and 21st (20th) both took 2nd in their respective heats.

And their fastest leg didn't run the open 4 or on the 4x4...

Baylor. Nuff said.

Comment

Whoa, texas_speed. I was not writing Baylor off. I have known Clyde Hart for 50 years and am a long time admirer of Baylor 440/400 prowess.
        I guess I have been spoiled by decades of Baylor putting three in the finals. I did not even look at the names or times, just the unusual (for Baylor) placings.

Comment

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to jump down your throat. I think we've all been spoiled by Baylor's prowess too but I don't think its showing any signs of slowing.

Comment

Working...
          X