Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPelle
    replied
    I believe this makes 5-7 in the win-loss column for Borzakovskiy here, if memory serves correctly.

Leave a comment:

• eldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by eldrick
    for modern indoor & outdoor tracks...
    ??!! Any synthetic track HAS to be better than those old board things!
    not particularly

those old wooden boards may have been harder than modern tracks are allowed to be ( 65% energy return nowdays ) - they were built in '60s when i don't think those rules existed

Leave a comment:

• joeltetreault
    replied
    Originally posted by REngelhardt
    joeltetreault - Paul Kipsiele Koech kicked off the indoor season last Friday in Paris with a 7:38.28 - a mere warm-up for tonight's '09 world-leading performance, which also makes Paul the #7 all-time world performer and the #2 all-time Kenyan performer.
    (edited post - my first stats cited were inadvertently for Daniel K. Komen's 3000m race in Valencia)
    Ah - I missed that one, thanks for the catch. It's too bad there are no WIC's, there have been several good 3000m races the past few weeks.

Joel

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    ??!! Any synthetic track HAS to be better than those old board things!

Leave a comment:

• eldrick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    i like 1s/400m for indoor/outdoor conversion, so that's getting her down to 14'12 shape already !!!
    You may like it, but I doubt it's true in many cases. Coghlan's 3:49 Mile was not a 3:45. Lindgren's 8:40 was certainly not an 8:32. I suspect they were nearly identical to outdoor times. A crowd screaming at you from a few feet away can do that to you.

Leave a comment:

• croflash
    replied
    I just hope Kipsiele Koech will finally win a big race, he isn't getting younger either.

Leave a comment:

• REngelhardt
    replied
    joeltetreault - Paul Kipsiele Koech kicked off the indoor season last Friday in Paris with a 7:38.28 - a mere warm-up for tonight's '09 world-leading performance, which also makes Paul the #7 all-time world performer and the #2 all-time Kenyan performer.
    (edited post - my first stats cited were inadvertently for Daniel K. Komen's 3000m race in Valencia)

Leave a comment:

• eldrick
    replied
    Originally posted by pela2
    Defar 14:24.37! WR

3000m at 8:42.39
    i like 1s/400m for indoor/outdoor conversion, so that's getting her down to 14'12 shape already !!!

Leave a comment:

• doug091463
    replied
    next up for defar is a world record attempt in prague on february 26th in either the 5k or 2k,
    rather than chasing the rarely run 2k event, maybe the meet promoter could have her run the mile, the indoor record is 4:17 defar should not have much of a problem breaking that, or have her run a 1500 she would probably break sobolova's 3:57 for 1500 wr, if she ran the mile she might even get the 1500 and mile records in the same race.

Leave a comment:

• Per Andersen
    replied
    Originally posted by Dietmar239
    HJ over. Everyone went out at 2.33m and Williams is the winner.
    Yes, he beat them all! Despite being dog tired. Linus even removed his tights for this meet! but still only 2.26. For some reason he never jumps well at this venue.

Apart from Ukhov the russians have not been that impressive so far. I think we might have seen the best of Rybakov. Silnov is just biding his time.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Nooooooooooo!! Hooker three failures at 6.00 - the only time this year he's failed at a height other than WR.

The bubble has burst. Hooker's on the way down..

Still...the 2008 "Number One" failed to even clear a height..

Leave a comment:

• joeltetreault
    replied
    M800 and M1000 results...Kaki didn't get the 1000m WR:

Pos Name Born Nat Res
    1 Yuriy Borzakovskiy 81 RUS 1.48,13
    2 Ismail Ismail 84 SUD 1.48,20
    3 Mattias Claesson 86 SWE 1.48,93
    4 Jackson Kivuna 89 KEN 1.49,16
    5 Wilfred Bungei 80 KEN 1.50,11
    6 Nadjim Manseur 88 ALG 1.50,41
    Wilyam Filiph 88 SUD DNF