Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes! Skolimowska dead at 26

All I've heard so far is that she felt pain in her calves, fell unconscious and died. (blood clot?)

I was just about to come on and post this - she died in Portugal at the age of 26. What a tremendously sad loss

http://wyborcza.pl/1,91446,6294146,Kami ... _zyje.html
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

A bad day for Olympic medalists.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... htm?csp=34

Rule of three should have anyone with hardware looking over their shoulders.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

I suggested blood clot by the way because I have a friend (and not an old fart like me) who has been plagued a few times by horrendous pain in his calves, and it's related to a clotting issue. He takes blood thinner.

Comment

Very shocking and extremely sad. First Rene Herms, now Skolimowska. I sure hope 2009 brings no more sudden deaths within the athletics world.

Comment

In early 2000 we placed our ticket requests for seats at the OG. Went for mens Shot qual and mens discus final. Got the days we wanted but they changed from mens discus to womens hammer. Our local hammer throwers although good were not athletic, (think Bromwyn Eagles although it was Debbie Somisenko that year ) and I was very, very disappointed.

Turned up and found our seats ecactly behing the cage and got to see Skolimowska battle with the role model for all future female hammer throwers Olga Kozenkova. A very memorable night.

Very sad day, the comps will not be the same..
            " we all overtrain" Pat Casey to George Frenn

Comment

sounds like blood clot ( DVT going to lungs causing embolus )

obesity & contraceptive pill are usual combined catalysts in young women who develop DVT - she wasn't most svelte competitor & presumably in a relationship, so those factors are likely

Comment

Awful news about an athlete who acheived so much so young in an event not usually favourable to teenagers...

Comment

Acoording to swedish media she had two heart attacks. The first in the gym were she woke up from unconciusness, says Szymon Ziolkowski, and then one more in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Very sad day for athletics.

Comment

Awful, awful news. A sad day indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
                      Acoording to swedish media she had two heart attacks. The first in the gym were she woke up from unconciusness, says Szymon Ziolkowski, and then one more in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
                      They are suspecting a heart attack, but official info on the cause of death won't be available until the autopsy later today.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I'm stunned and saddened.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
                          sounds like blood clot ( DVT going to lungs causing embolus )

obesity & contraceptive pill are usual combined catalysts in young women who develop DVT - she wasn't most svelte competitor & presumably in a relationship, so those factors are likely
                          Based on what we know, this is the most likely scenario.
                          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                            Based on what we know, this is the most likely scenario.
                            I don't know about that. She lost consciousness, then recovered sufficiently to walk into the ambulance before lapsing again. Could that be explained by a clot?
                            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

A pulmonary embolus could present that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X